Help Needed Please - Super Sport vs SBE II with Comfort Tech Stock

sigarmsp226

Guys - New to this forum but not Benelli's - I currently have one of the original SBE's that I have shot for 12 years with no problems. I am now getting into skeet shooting and purchased a Ruger Red Label and after a few hundred rounds put it down and picked up my SBE and increased my hit rate from 15-19 to 20-22 per round consistantly. I have a shoulder that has seen 2 surgeries and recoil is not my friend, thus neither is that dang Red Label. My question is this - I will shoot this year 2000-3000 rounds of 12 gauge and I was thinking of buying the SBE II with the comfort Tech stock. What, other than cost would be the primary reason to spend the extra money for the Super Sport vs the SBE II.

1> I do not plan on getting rid of my SBE but is the Super Sport really worth the difference in cost?

2> Is the felt recoil going to be the same for the SBE II with the comfort tech stock as the Super Sport?

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback. Mark

Guys - New to this forum but not Benelli's - I currently have one of the original SBE's that I have shot for 12 years with no problems. I am now getting into skeet shooting and purchased a Ruger Red Label and after a few hundred rounds put it down and picked up my SBE and increased my hit rate from 15-19 to 20-22 per round consistantly. I have a shoulder that has seen 2 surgeries and recoil is not my friend, thus neither is that dang Red Label. My question is this - I will shoot this year 2000-3000 rounds of 12 gauge and I was thinking of buying the SBE II with the comfort Tech stock. What, other than cost would be the primary reason to spend the extra money for the Super Sport vs the SBE II.

1> I do not plan on getting rid of my SBE but is the Super Sport really worth the difference in cost?

2> Is the felt recoil going to be the same for the SBE II with the comfort tech stock as the Super Sport?

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback. Mark

Don't know if this will help you, but it certainly worked with my .338 Rem Mag. The local gunsmith who is big into competitive shooting highly recommend the Dead Mule and I said go ahead and install. WOW, what a reduction.

Since I can't add links, enter the following into google "Dead Mule Recoil Reducer". Don't know which one he added, but believe me oh what a pleasure.

I got my Supersport just for the sporting clays range near where I live. I love the way it feels and shoots, it comes up nice and is easy to get on and stay on target. Follow up shots are a breeze also. I looked at the

SBE 2 and the Super Vinci before I got it but since I had no intentions of hunting I didn't personally feel the need to buy a gun that shoots 3 1/2" shells. I had heard and read about shooting boxes of 3 1/2" heavy loads to break the gun in so you can shoot light loads. Even then you read on this forum about guns not shooting the light loads after break in. By light I mean less than 1 1/8 oz. My break in consisted of 3-3" high brass shells and a box of 1 1/8 2 3/4" shells. I've even shot 7/8 oz. 2 3/4" shells with no problems. Is there enough difference in the two guns to justify the $400 or so price difference? I think so, but that's just me, you'll ultimatley have to make that decision yourself.

Edited by BeermanJoel
spelling

i own a super sport and the sbe ii in matte black and satin walnut stock, if your talking shootability how it points, cycle rate, fit finish and feel the super sport is your gun. If your concerned with recoil there isnt much difference between the two, if any the sbe ii is actually better. p.s. i have a 30" on my super sport and 28" on the sbe ii