Charging Handle: FFT vs CarrierComp

stealle

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Kip still making these? I don't see them on his website.

I've been waiting since October 12' for one, and they are STILL not available. I have a FFT Titanium, but would love to get my hands on a CarrierComp handle. They used to at least show them on their site but show them as unavailable. Now they just plain took them off.

I was told by them they would be available in December 12', that didn't happen. Then I was told they would be available in Jan 13'. Well, here we are in Feb and they still are not available.

According to the carriercomp homepage

"Please note carriercomp has elected to cancel our Shot Show attendance, and post-poned ALL non magazine tube related production, in order to concentrate solely on magazine tube deliveries. You will NOT be invoiced until we have the tube in hand to label with YOUR invoice #."

So it might be a while.

• 4 weeks later...

What's wrong with the FFT Titanium that makes you want to swap it? I have a 3/4" one and it's very nice.

I've been waiting since October 12' for one, and they are STILL not available. I have a FFT Titanium, but would love to get my hands on a CarrierComp handle. They used to at least show them on their site but show them as unavailable. Now they just plain took them off.

I was told by them they would be available in December 12', that didn't happen. Then I was told they would be available in Jan 13'. Well, here we are in Feb and they still are not available.

• 4 weeks later...
That makes no sense... Titanium is stronger than steel. (I have a 3/4" FFT Titanium)...If anything would deform, it would be steel. I'm just wondering if that article's data is being misread.

Titanium has a better strength-to-weight ratio than most steel, but titanium is much less dense than steel and more prone to deformation. Aluminum also has a better strength-to-weight ratio than high strength steel but as you probably know, aluminum will deform more easily than steel.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

because there is a high demand on Kip's charging handles and probably we won't see them very soon I'm considering to buy the FFT all titanium charging handle (http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/tactical-charging-handles/the-freedom-fighter-tactical-12-inch-diameter-finished-titanium-tactical-charging-handle/).

I know that steel detent would be nicer than titanium one - so the question is: how's a durability of this item?

Thanks.

Edited by Tom-Gun

I have the 1/2 inch inch titanium bright FFT handle, I only have about 300 rds thru it with this handle, so far so good.

I carry the original in my Messa stock along with a few other things. Just in case.

I have the 1/2 inch inch titanium bright FFT handle, I only have about 300 rds thru it with this handle, so far so good.I carry the original in my Messa stock along with a few other things. Just in case.

Thanks Gino! Any cons guys?

FFT shipping was kind of high, along with it is sent with signature requirement. But I have to say the shipping was very fast.

The Messa stock, mag tube extender with spring and charging handle seem to be good quality parts. And he was very helpfull with questions I had when I placed my order. As for the charging handle, it's an excellent fit, I really don't see it bending or deforming somehow. I have shot my M4 as fast as I can pull the trigger and it has not fallen out or rotated out of place.

But again, I can't compare to others that are out there. But I like it and was willing to pay the price for what I think is a quality part. Others may differ. I don't think you will be disappointed if you purchase it.

Hey I too have a question about the above pictured handles.While they all looks great.My question is will they spin or rotate as you use them?The piece I got from Nordic(their BFB) will not rotate.Anyone have any issues with the FFT or such spinning or rotating?Thanks.