Charging Handle: FFT vs CarrierComp

stealle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FFT rotates is this a new design your referring to?

Actually, all of them will "rotate". Any of the handles with the machined notches will rotate with enough rotational force. The GG&G will actually spin with very little force applied.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

because there is a high demand on Kip's charging handles and probably we won't see them very soon I'm considering to buy the FFT all titanium charging handle (http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/tactical-charging-handles/the-freedom-fighter-tactical-12-inch-diameter-finished-titanium-tactical-charging-handle/).

I know that steel detent would be nicer than titanium one - so the question is: how's a durability of this item?

Thanks.

Get the 1/2" handle and it should be fine. Not optimal, but I don't forsee it taking a dump on you this century. If for some crazy reason it does, it will not happen "at once". The only failure method I could imagine is the peening outlined prior, and that will be gradual and likely self-limiting.

That is nuts... I had 3 online stores and shipped some of my items myself as I was a one man army. I charged actual shipping. Today with USPS Click and Ship, a free service from the Post Office, shipping fees are discounted and they will send you all the free Priority Mail boxes you want. Remember that commercial where they brag about their flat rates? If you can get 70lbs into a box, it's still the same rate and STILL cheaper than $9... Anything else, as far as packing a small item in a small box, that is part of the business and part of my pay check. You don't even need packing materials for it. Let it bounce around in a box and it will still be fine. Or wrap it in old newspaper...

Some places just try to squeeze out every penny they can get and I think that is wrong. As a previous online dealer, I heard from a lot of people. Some people would enter things into their cart and see ridiculous shipping and they'd go elsewhere. But when you are the sole provider of a product, they feel that you'll pay it one way or another. I never felt right gouging and never did.

That is nuts... I had 3 online stores and shipped some of my items myself as I was a one man army. I charged actual shipping. Today with USPS Click and Ship, a free service from the Post Office, shipping fees are discounted and they will send you all the free Priority Mail boxes you want. Remember that commercial where they brag about their flat rates? If you can get 70lbs into a box, it's still the same rate and STILL cheaper than $9... Anything else, as far as packing a small item in a small box, that is part of the business and part of my pay check. You don't even need packing materials for it. Let it bounce around in a box and it will still be fine. Or wrap it in old newspaper...

Some places just try to squeeze out every penny they can get and I think that is wrong. As a previous online dealer, I heard from a lot of people. Some people would enter things into their cart and see ridiculous shipping and they'd go elsewhere. But when you are the sole provider of a product, they feel that you'll pay it one way or another. I never felt right gouging and never did.

It's just profit margin, then. Would you rather they raise their prices $5 per item and ship for $4? They have a set profit margin on each item that they feel comfortable with, and if some of it does in fact come from shipping, well, so it does. Same difference.

Little bit different when you are dealing direct with vendors like I did. If a manufacturer says Suggested Retail is $49.99 and most places are selling it for that and charge nothing for shipping a small item like the charging handle and then someone else sells it for lets say $45.99 and then charges $9 for shipping, what would you do? Most vendors I dealt with could care less if you sold over suggested because they figure if you could get away with it, good for you. But if you wanted to compete, you had to stay lower within their margins...example, 10%.... Everything I sold gave me favorable profit margins and I gave everyone the best prices around.

So to answer your question: I'd rather see someone sell it for suggested retail and use real rates rather than gouge. I'm a big internet shopper as well as retailer. I've seen plenty of people walk away when they saw inflated shipping prices. If not that, when they say Free Shipping then at the check out, say $10 handling fee. One pocket from the other. Makes no difference which way you cut it.

In Freedom Fighters example, I paid what he asked for because I was sure I wanted one and nobody had what I wanted. So there was no choice. Believe me... I want everyone to make a profit. But not be overly crazy. 2 stamps in a poly envelope would have got it here the same way for under a dollar.

Believe me... I want everyone to make a profit. But not be overly crazy. 2 stamps in a poly envelope would have got it here the same way for under a dollar.

Sure, but "2 stamps in (sic) a poly envelope" won't protect you against credit card chargebacks or provide any assurance your customer received the product. Also, "2 stamps" won't hardly mail anything in a poly envelope, bubble envelope, etc. these days unless you have dollar stamps.

USPS flat rate priority mail boxes are provided for free by the USPS. The small flat rate box shipping rate anywhere in the US is about $5.50 roughly. Insurance depends on the value of the item.

The USPS service is actually pretty efficient. I use it all the time in my shipping routine. I print the stamp at home, get the box sizes I need delivered in bulk for free and arrange for the post office to pick the packages up at my house for free. The USPS even gives you a small discount for doing it online vs. taking it into the post office.

My only costs involved with packaging are tape and padding material. I use bulk napkins that I get for free for packaging material.

The price gradually goes up as you need a larger box. Even the large flat rate boxes that you can fill with 70 pounds of items cost under 14 dollars. They offer various dimensional sizes for these boxes, so it is easy to ship longer items as needed.

Bingo! Thanx SD...

This is my point... I did say that as well... But hey, whatever. Owned multiple online stores... Guess I know nada... ;)

USPS flat rate priority mail boxes are provided for free by the USPS. The small flat rate box shipping rate anywhere in the US is about $5.50 roughly. Insurance depends on the value of the item.

The USPS service is actually pretty efficient. I use it all the time in my shipping routine. I print the stamp at home, get the box sizes I need delivered in bulk for free and arrange for the post office to pick the packages up at my house for free. The USPS even gives you a small discount for doing it online vs. taking it into the post office.

My only costs involved with packaging are tape and padding material. I use bulk napkins that I get for free for packaging material.

The price gradually goes up as you need a larger box. Even the large flat rate boxes that you can fill with 70 pounds of items cost under 14 dollars. They offer various dimensional sizes for these boxes, so it is easy to ship longer items as needed.