Benelli Nova crack inside the receiver?

acb0202

I bought a Nova at Christmas time and have shot the gun twice putting a total of 200 rounds of #8 federal target load. I store my gun in a hard case and always clean and inspect it before and after each use. The first time I used it I put 100 rounds through it and had no problems. I cleaned it and put it away. Then I went shooting again this month and took the gun out to inspect it before I shot it and everything was good. I put another 100 rounds through it and did not have any problems. Well when I disassembled it to clean it, I noticed a 3'' long crack on the inside of the receiver in between the opposite side of the ejection port and the top of the receiver. The crack is only on the inside and does not go all the way through (no crack on the outside of the receiver). The gun has never been dropped, always stored in a hard case indoors, and has only had light loads shot through it. Is this crack something to worry about or is this common? Im afraid next time i shoot it the receiver is going to blow apart.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

UPDATE: since then I have put probably 1000 shells through it and still haven't had any problems. The crack hasn't grown any more either. I think the crack is normal and it doesn't effect the strength of the receiver due to it having a steel skeleton under the polymer. Great gun, 100% reliable.