Just ordered an M4 H2O

Pudmullet

Has anyone received any updated info on when we may see some more H20's? :confused:
better start saving ,selling whatever it takes cause when they hit the shelves,,prices will be through the roof,,you''ll have everything out there,especially scalppers who claim to be our Benelli brothers,,buyer beware.be vigilante be ready,,sincerely M1014

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices will shoot up with the first ones to come in and then the price will drop as more and more orders are filled. This is the way it always happens. When everyone and their mothers have them, the prices drop. Dealers will be selling them for $2400 or less.

Prices will shoot up with the first ones to come in and then the price will drop as more and more orders are filled. This is the way it always happens. When everyone and their mothers have them, the prices drop. Dealers will be selling them for $2400 or less.

Able has them for MSRP, I think, but none in stock now, as you might have guessed.

I've had one on order and paid for since the first of March. Probably wont see it until next year some time...???

Didn't you already call Benelli customer service and didn't they already give you a proposed timetable for delivery?

I ordered mine the first week of February, and Benelli CS wrote me back to tell me I should expect my gun June or July of this year.

That's the timetable they are working with; initial production sold out, second production started as back-orders were placed and are fulfilled based on the date of the initial order.

Didn't you already call Benelli customer service and didn't they already give you a proposed timetable for delivery?

I ordered mine the first week of February, and Benelli CS wrote me back to tell me I should expect my gun June or July of this year.

That's the timetable they are working with; initial production sold out, second production started as back-orders were placed and are fulfilled based on the date of the initial order.

Yea, I talked with them about 60 days ago. They said 90 days to next year. Just thought someone may have heard something new.

• 2 weeks later...
Noticed over the last week and a half the H2O was no longer displayed on the main page:

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli-m4.php

For the veteran folks what does this usually mean? That the initial and secondary production are spoken for?

Some people would say this means they went "Bye bye-ALL GONE" lol. I would tend to agree with your more plausible theory, all spoken for and hard to keep up with demand.

Guess I got lucky. Middle of April I walked into a gunshop about 70 miles from home and found an H2O on the rack, $200 under MSRP. My local dealer was told probably December when he tried to order one so I bought it on the spot. Was tempted to sell it when one sold on gunbroker for $3400 at same time.

Guess I got lucky. Middle of April I walked into a gunshop about 70 miles from home and found an H2O on the rack, $200 under MSRP. My local dealer was told probably December when he tried to order one so I bought it on the spot. Was tempted to sell it when one sold on gunbroker for $3400 at same time.

It would be hard not to considering that it's functionally the same as an 11707 with Kip's magazine tube, a US hammer, and a C-stock with a fancy coating which seems to be a mixed blessing so-far.

How's the finish look?

Finish is fantastic! I was lucky enough to pick up one early in April from my local shop. The rep had just dropped it off the previous day. The rep told my local dealership that at the time, there were on 7 units in the southeast. Guess it was my lucky day I just happened into the store when I did. :)

Finish is fantastic! I was lucky enough to pick up one early in April from my local shop. The rep had just dropped it off the previous day. The rep told my local dealership that at the time, there were on 7 units in the southeast. Guess it was my lucky day I just happened into the store when I did. :)

Right place, at the right time....that never happens to me.

Good to hear about the finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Any updates on future availabilty?

The last I was told by Benelli is that those H2O's that were ordered in the early months should be delivered by year end. I get a different story every time I talk with them except that they will fill those early back orders. If you go to their web site, you can't find an H2O. Don't know if there will be any more in the future...???

I contacted Benelli back in May and then a week ago. Initially orders from the beginning of February were estimated to be available between June and July. The deadline was pushed to the right three months to September and October.

When I paid for mine in February I was hearing about people from last year still waiting on fulfilment of their regular M4s so 7-8 months for one of these doesn't seem too terrible.

I was at local gunshop this morning while they were on the phone with thier Benelli rep. They asked about the M4 H2O they had on order and were told the ATF ordered Benelli to stop shipping/selling the M4 H2O. I'm guessing there were some compliance issues and not enough US made parts. I was lucky and got one of only two there were delivered and sold in their reps territory. Rep told them he had no idea when they would be out again.

I was at local gunshop this morning while they were on the phone with thier Benelli rep. They asked about the M4 H2O they had on order and were told the ATF ordered Benelli to stop shipping/selling the M4 H2O. I'm guessing there were some compliance issues and not enough US made parts. I was lucky and got one of only two there were delivered and sold in their reps territory. Rep told them he had no idea when they would be out again.

GREAT news!!!! :mad:

Your tax dollar at work!!!.... :(

Just spoke with Benelli. The H2O's are delayed due to the ATF. They're working on making them happy and said that all that were ordered before mid April will be delivered. They just don't know when. I was also told that those remaining on back order will be it for the H2O. There will be no more.

Your tax dollar at work!!!.... :(

True, but I think more along the lines of people irritated that the combat shotgun they all really wanted, finally in its true configuration, was limited in quantity and too expensive for most. My guess is quite a few sour grapes were spilled by miffed M4 enthusiasts to the ATF about how this gun could be legal