Just ordered an M4 H2O

Pudmullet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I think more along the lines of people irritated that the combat shotgun they all really wanted, finally in its true configuration, was limited in quantity and too expensive for most. My guess is quite a few sour grapes were spilled by miffed M4 enthusiasts to the ATF about how this gun could be legal

That could well be true...

This is all utter nonsense...the 2nd Amendment protection has absolutely nothing to do with 'sporting purposes'. Meanwhile, one can buy a Saiga 12 and as many 20 round drums as they want for it (recall that the USAS shotgun 20 round drums were classified as 'destructive devices' by atf).

Swat that camel's nose!

• 6 months later...

I ordered an M4 H20 on March 3, 2012 from my local dealer. In December of 2012 I received a letter from Benelli stating that " . . . we do not have a firm date that this review by BATFE will be completed. They are working with us and we are in line to receive an opinion."

Think I they will actually send them out?

I ordered an M4 H20 on March 3, 2012 from my local dealer. In December of 2012 I received a letter from Benelli stating that " . . . we do not have a firm date that this review by BATFE will be completed. They are working with us and we are in line to receive an opinion."

Think I they will actually send them out?

Mine has been on order for about the same time period...and paid for. Benelli says that the lawyers are working with the ATF. I suggested that whatever problem the ATF has, replace the item on the gun and offer a rebate based on the warranty registration that will allow you to purchase the original part from Robar, who's coating it with the NP3 and assembling. Who knows what they're going to do. I just picked up a standard M4 and installed the extended tube for something to play with. It's a great gun and allot of fun. We'll see what happens. Good luck! :confused:

Early this month I received this reply from Benelli USA:

"We are no longer taking orders for these guns but the plan is to try and fill all the existing orders. Currently we do not have a ship date for these. Thanks for your interest."

There's hope.

I have spoken a few times to Benelli and my dealer whom I ordered through (I ordered one on January 12, 2012 before SHOT 2012 where they debuted and where my dealer placed his order for them), I have heard the same story. They are still trying to work with the ATF to gain approval and plan to work until they get approval in order to fill the original orders placed early in 2012. Benelli stopped taking orders when they saw they had a challenge with the BATFE. I also saw during 2012 they removed the H2O from the website, they have no intention of making more than what is needed to fill the original orders.

I also saw the letters from Benelli as noted above.

Is there hope? I believe there is, but not much (i.e., the door is closing, but hasn't slammed shut yet).