Just ordered an M4 H2O

Pudmullet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why it would take until the end if the year. The production shouldn't be that different than the standard M4 other than coating and it sounds like there are some that have already come into the country. Does anyone from Benelli monitor this forum? Maybe they could find out.... I guess I'll wait. I just want to make sure I'm ready before Iran invades.

I heard from Benelli USA that back in January they were just fulfilling M4 orders placed in June. That's 7 months for a standard M4, and supposedly the H2O model is limited production. I honestly don't know what the wait would be, but end of the year doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Edited by frigatecon

:( I've never owned a Benelli, or shot one, or even held one. I think the M4 is a cool gun, but my first impression of the company isn't as high as I thought it would be. Why do they keep everyone in the dark? If it's the end of the year, I'll wait. I'd just like to know. Sound like everyone's guessing and going off of hear say.....???..... Oh well, no big deal. :confused:

I find this thread interesting, I too have one on order, I alerted my local Benelli enabler a few days before SHOT about this model and they were attending SHOT so they said they would follow-up. They ended up ordering six units at SHOT with Benelli and I am first on their list when they come in. The H2O model was formally released the first day of SHOT so I imagine that is when Benelli first started taking orders for this model. I do know that some have already been produced and in the hands of people here on this forum and on Gun Broker.

My dealer has given me no official time line other than to say that when they receive them I'll be the first in line and that they would speculate it would be 3-4 months from when they ordered but purely a guess.

WOW! can't believe there was one in stock on the shelf. Sure would be nice to know when I might see the one I have ordered.

Broke down and bought one today even though I have the standard M4. My local dealer has had it there for about two weeks and I couldn't take it any more.

My local FFL, where I have my M4 H2O on order, and paid for, can't get a response from Benelli either. Anyone have a phone number for Benelli? They wont respond to emails. I'm going to bug the crap out 'em. I'm concerned that this is how they will handle issues post purchase also...??? :mad: :mad:

Ok....Benelli's not on my do do list anymore. I called and spoke with customer service. She was very nice.

The M4 H20 is about 90 to 120 days out for orders placed early. Any recent orders will likely be next year, which mine happens to be. They are coming into the country as M4's and being coated in the states. I was told that they will be limited production the first year, which sounds like they'll be more available next year...???

Maybe I'll consider the standard M4...:confused:

Hope this helps.

I ordered mine on the 1st of February and the gun shop said "Oh yeah, those are suppost to be in our store very soon." A month later I called them up to check and got the same response. I don't want to be that guy who calls them every day to check, because really all they can do is place orders with Benelli until Benelli says No Mas.

I'm wondering if Benelli knew the demand would shoot up for these right out of the gate. Most online stores were offering these for $2,099.99 as a pre-order and now those same sites have ended the pre-order and marked the gun up from the $2,399.99 to $2,799 price range so obviously the market is adjusting for the demand.

I don't mind waiting, but I do not want to wait and have nothing to show for it. I also just went ahead and paid in full so when it comes to the shop it'll be out just as fast and I don't lose the opportunity to have the fully capable M4 I was looking for.

Give me a date range for the wait. There's got to be a daily/weekly production rate they (Benelli) can use to gauge when they can fulfil the order backlog. Being in the dark about it kinda stinks.

I don't know, I'm new to the gun world. I'd hope so, but the H2O isn't the only production gun they're working on, and I am guessing they are tip-toeing with this iteration of the fully fledged combat model.

Others here and elsewhere have speculated that it has to do with a desire to first deplete the existing M4 11707 stock, but I don't think that theory holds water due to the backlog of even that gun..they still have orders from last year to fill.

I can't say what's up, and I don't want to muddy the waters...just want the gun. I'm thinking, especially with limited production run, these babies are going to retain that high resale value....the waiting game begins.

Yours should be in the next bunch within the 90 to 120 day time period, providing the dealer placed it on order when you did.

I ordered mine on the 1st of February and the gun shop said "Oh yeah, those are suppost to be in our store very soon." A month later I called them up to check and got the same response. I don't want to be that guy who calls them every day to check, because really all they can do is place orders with Benelli until Benelli says No Mas.

I'm wondering if Benelli knew the demand would shoot up for these right out of the gate. Most online stores were offering these for $2,099.99 as a pre-order and now those same sites have ended the pre-order and marked the gun up from the $2,399.99 to $2,799 price range so obviously the market is adjusting for the demand.

I don't mind waiting, but I do not want to wait and have nothing to show for it. I also just went ahead and paid in full so when it comes to the shop it'll be out just as fast and I don't lose the opportunity to have the fully capable M4 I was looking for.

Give me a date range for the wait. There's got to be a daily/weekly production rate they (Benelli) can use to gauge when they can fulfil the order backlog. Being in the dark about it kinda stinks.

After reading other threads, I'm considering switching to the standard M4. I do like the solid black, the standard is more available, less expensive, and there appears to be coating quality issues on the H2O. The black is a non corrosive coating. I don't plan on going swimming in the ocean with it.

After reading other threads, I'm considering switching to the standard M4. I do like the solid black, the standard is more available, less expensive, and there appears to be coating quality issues on the H2O. The black is a non corrosive coating. I don't plan on going swimming in the ocean with it.

Go shark hunting lol...