If I only owned 1 Benelli

cwentzel

I did some more homework and connected with some shotgun enthusiasts. Based upon their collective input of deciding ONLY to own ONE Benelli, I have narrowed my choices to;

Semi Auto

20 Gauge

28" Barrel (26" was a strong 2nd)

That leaves me with choices of these Benelli models;

Sport II

Cordoba

Supersport

Cordoba PS

Supersport PS

The list of models are in this order to indicate "least expensive to most expensive". I like Synthetic over Walnut and the PS models are too expensive IMHO of course!

That narrows my list to 2: Cordoba & Supersport

One of these models is for Hunting/Clay and the other is predominately Clay. I want/need a multi purpose gun.

So my ultimate choice for "if I only owned 1 Benelli" is the Cordoba!

My vote is for the supersport. I shoot skeet and trap with mine weekly. 12 gauge. I see guys at out club with 29 gauge Benellis and they seem happy with them. I just prefer the 12 gauge and my lady has no beef with a 12 gauge, so there you go. My buddy says his wife loves shooting a friends 20 gauge Benelli (I think) SS.

Guest Ambit_Energy

Accepting that, it's significant that Benelli recognized, when produced a gun, an equilibrium needs to be struck between innovation and proven design. The aim for Benelli ended up being to assist the robustness of their shotguns and provide a brand new operating-system-all while not reinventing the wheel.

After I heard that Benelli was building the military’s U.S. M1014 Join Service Combat Shotgun, my first thought was, “Benelli? That will convert it into a semi-automatic, wouldn’t it?” As would most who have an interest in military guns, I recognized this as significant. Since The First World War, American soldiers have, in matters of enormous-scale procurement, used one form or any other within the slide-action, or pump, shotgun. The military should have gone with Benelli’s inertia recoil system, was my second thought. Wrong. It had been the first of myriad particulars the gun ship in my experience. It doesn't only represent a totally new direction for the States military, but furthermore for Benelli itself.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I cant decide honestly between my m2 and my SBE2. I do everything i need with the m2 but i could do eveything i might want to with the SBE2 due to it's 3.5" chamber. Think im gonna have to go with the m2

Benelli's are like motorcycles. I can convince the wife to own one but not two!

As i understand it, Benelli, historically, IS a motorcycle company so you are exactly right in the fact that they are like motorcycles and you just cant own one!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tristaner

A Benelli shotgun is the finest choice for a target or defense shotgun, slug gun, pump shotgun or other semi auto shotgun model. On all of our shotguns Benelli offers fancy walnut, synthetic and camo stocks, Crio® Chokes and ported and rifled barrels. We also provide a wide selection of left handed shotguns. No matter your sport, Benelli’s got your gun, and it’s simply perfect.

Click to read http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/answers/other-news-and-events-20121018215840AAto7va.html

Edited by Tristaner

Guest Tristaner

Benelli shotgun is the finest choice for a target or defense shotgun, slug gun, pump shotgun or other semi auto shotgun model. On all of our shotguns Benelli offers fancy walnut, synthetic and camo stocks, Crio® Chokes and ported and rifled barrels. We also provide a wide selection of left handed shotguns. No matter your sport, Benelli’s got your gun, and it’s simply perfect. Click to read http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/answers/other-news-and-events-20121018215840AAto7va.html

Edited by Tristaner

As an owner of a couple benellis (SS 12ga, Monte 20ga) a few Berettas (2 686 12ga, and an AL391) a Mossberg 535 12ga, Browning Super 20ga, Winchester ...... Well you get the point, I have a small opinion on the matter. 1st off, dump the idea of a 20 ga as an "all around" shotgun gauge; 12ga is your all around. You can load it heavy for turkey, deer and long fliers like phasant. You can underload it (not light much with the Inertia drive :)) for smaller game like grouse and dove. It will give you a higher pellet count than in a 20ga (duh) and the means more chances to break/kill.

As for the length I think you are on the right track with the 28" for a "overall" choice. It is a litte long for the turkey woods but will work. I used a 28" Nova for years!

For the model, SBE2. Will cycle everything from light clay loads to heavy 3.5" turkey loads & slugs. You cannot beat this gun for the money! If I was only allowed one Benelli (heck, if I was allowed only one gun) it would be a camo SBE2. I do like the black better but for the duck blind, turkey blind, dove field etc sometimes its the little things that count.

NOW after all that. My favorite gun in the safe right now is my 30" 12ga Super Sport. I will go 98/100 on a regular basis on the skeet field and 97/100 on the trap range. It is GREAT for dove and pheasant. A little long for tight cover though (grouse/quail).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a SS in 12 gauge, an M4 in 12 gauge and an ultralight in 20 gauge. I don't have a range to shoot at so all 3 go to the skeet/trap range with me. The M4 is my"house" gun but is so soft on recoil I actually enjoy shooting it. 40-50 rounds a week through it tells you a lot about one. The Super Sport has had some custom work so is the more accurate of the two. The ultralight is easy to bring to battery and firing it is fun. If I was forced to get rid of two, I'd keep the M4. It is one sweet shooting piece. Besides I'd slee on the couch if I sold the ultra light as the lady has decided it's "her gun"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...