Geissele US parts for the Benelli M4 to go bye-bye

TKTM

I have it from a knowledgeable source that Geissele did not see enough demand for their US made Benelli M4 hammer. As a result, they are no longer under production and there are no plans to make any other M4 fire control parts.

Then why does CC show it as "Temporarily" out of stock and Geissele still allow you to order it directly from their site? In fact, I just ordered one.

EDIT: I just posted this question to them on their FB page. Right now they are at the NRA show in ST Louis so who knows how timely a response might be,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geissele-Automatics-LLC/286968105232

Edited by KB Fab

Then why does CC show it as "Temporarily" out of stock and Geissele still allow you to order it directly from their site? In fact, I just ordered one.

I was told "G" still has some stock, but they won't make more because of lack of demand; nor will they make other trigger parts for the very same reason. So what is out there is all there will be, unless there is a huge upswing in demand.

Just curious, not trying to incite a riot. I know all about their rifle triggers but this is a shotgun. What does does an aftermarket hammer do that the OEM doesn't.

[h=2]As KB stated: 922® Compliant US Made Hammer[/h]Note: US on Hammer

http://USmadeHammer.jpg

Guest cleefurd

Positive Geissele is still making these for us.

Will update the store when the next batch arrives. ETA late April to ship from Geissele.

Hope this clears up confusion.

Guest cleefurd

Our most recent order for their hammers was sorted out last week with a Geissele rep. via phone and email.

Also sorting out disconnectors too (Previously Geissele encouraged and suggested how we might source those ourselves... working out details)

We already have several prototype disconnectors, but they are not marked yet. From shaping to heat treat it is much more feesible to laser etch/mark afterwards, so we are sourcing either an in house CO2 laser, or subcontract. Its the little details that tend to bottleneck a project. Slow and steady....

Our most recent order for their hammers was sorted out last week with a Geissele rep. via phone and email.

Also sorting out disconnectors too (Previously Geissele encouraged and suggested how we might source those ourselves... working out details)

We already have several prototype disconnectors, but they are not marked yet. From shaping to heat treat it is much more feesible to laser etch/mark afterwards, so we are sourcing either an in house CO2 laser, or subcontract. Its the little details that tend to bottleneck a project. Slow and steady....

Thanks for the update...

Hopefully you can bulk order enough hammers to keep those of us interested in 922r compliance supplied. Since Geissele doesn't have enough demand to meet their inventory holding costs to justify the continued stocking of the hammer, that leaves you with the inventory costs of a bulk order. I can only guess that means you will have to raise your prices.

Since Geissele is not doing the disconnectors and you seem to indicate that you might do them in house, does that mean you might bring the "Geissele" hammer (for lack of a better term) back in house too?

Positive Geissele is still making these for us.

That's what I was told as well. Spoke with a nice gentleman at Geissele this morning who said that as far as he knows, there isn't any plan to discontinue the M4 hammer. That said, he also stated that there weren't any plans to produce a trigger group for the M4 due to the fact that design/production costs wouldn't justify whatever demand there would be.

• 4 weeks later...
To close out this thread: The hammers have now gone bye-bye.

Cheer up TKTM!!! Absense makes the heart grow fonder;

Courtesy update;

Geissele email content from;

May 11,2012

"Hi Kip,

We are still on back order.

Our demand is so high on our other triggers they can’t switch gears yet to cut the Benelli M4 hammers.

I will keep you posted, sorry for the delay.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Manager Assembly Department"

Will post Geissele updates to assist forum members who are keeping tabs on their prefered vendor for this item.