Benelli M4/1014

SC-Texas

Exactly, I couldn't agree more, but as post #19 points out, not everyone understands your point. If I was looking to hunt with a Benelli, I would pick something other than an M4. If I was involved in 3 Gun, I would possibly find that the M2 fills that niche best. If I did either activity, I could probably provide reasons and further explanations as to why a particular Benelli model is better or worse than the alternatives.

Or better yet you can just not give a rat's ass what another person determines to be "Da Best Shawtgun Ever Hurr Hurr" because basically it's all subjective. Plus why give credence to anyone who justifies their opinion by saying "because I know, that's how come." It's all hot air.

What's the old saying about opinion's and buttholes?

I'll repeat myself for your benefit......................I've owned,,,shot,,maintinenced both the types of Benellis at the same time,,thats how i ''qualify'' to say the m2 is wayyyyyyyyyy more than the m4,,look at my post at the top of the page,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,manties,,lolol,,lol,,good one,,

maintinenced at the same time? wow come on now green lantern. :p

Anyway,

I replaced the pistol grip with the field stock last night.

any advice on a way to tighten the field stock up?

I am amazed at how simple this replacement was.

Unscrew the pistol grip, screw onthe field stock.

If I add one turn tot he stock, it is a little mis aligned with the receiver.

I trist tightening the nut inside the back of the stock that is under the recoil pad, but it is already tight.

Anyway,

I replaced the pistol grip with the field stock last night.

any advice on a way to tighten the field stock up?

I am amazed at how simple this replacement was.

Unscrew the pistol grip, screw onthe field stock.

If I add one turn tot he stock, it is a little mis aligned with the receiver.

I trist tightening the nut inside the back of the stock that is under the recoil pad, but it is already tight.

Turn the stock again, or live with it. Those are your only options.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked further into your issue. The Field stock has a screw in it that interfaces with the "plug" in the buffer tube. If you remove the stock and *possibly* the snap-ring and change the orientation of this plug by 90* or 180*, you very well could fix the issue you are having. It's worth a shot!