Geissele Automatics Benelli M4 hammer in stock at Brownells

montana_jeepn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need the part towards 992r compliance. and i buy lots of other stuff too. i really need to stop spending on guns etc. my hobby has become and obsession!

Please let me clarify my last post.........what I meant to say is unless you require another 922r compliance piece or you just want to have one of Geissele's excellent components in your fire control group, putting the Geissele hammer in an already 922 compliant shotgun (the M4 H2O as an example) isn't required to be legal. In my case, my shotgun is an 11707 which requires another compliant part since I decided to install the collapsible stock in addition to the full length tube. I have a Geissele FCG in my FN SCAR and I have been very pleased with it.

i need the part towards 992r compliance. and i buy lots of other stuff too. i really need to stop spending on guns etc. my hobby has become and obsession!

Please let me clarify my post...(typing it again since my first reply was eaten..)......the new H2O M4 is supposedly fully compliant, so in my opinion (how much weight this carries varies...ha) an aftermarket hammer is not required.....for legal reasons or otherwise. I ordered the Geissele because I needed another part to be compliant once I decided to install the collapsible stock. I have a Geissele FCG in my FN Scar.....I think you will be happy with your purchase....whether you need it for compliance or not.

^^^i hope so! i ordered when it said in stock but they did not charge my card yet so I'm wondering if they are backordered. :(

Geissele sent me a UPS tracking number 24 hours or so after I submitted my order.

I wonder why geissele states on their website that Carriercomp is an 'Exclusive' dealer when Brownells also carries them.

Geissele sent me a UPS tracking number 24 hours or so after I submitted my order.

I wonder why geissele states on their website that Carriercomp is an 'Exclusive' dealer when Brownells also carries them.

My guess is that they weren't selling enough of them to keep the product viable and they didn't want to keep paying the inventory holding costs on a product that was not selling well. So, they expanded the number of vendors carrying them in-order to move them out of their inventory books, and hopefully increase demand for the product via the new outlets.

But, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I was told Geissele did not have enough demand to keep making the M4 hammer (although they could restart IF demand increased) and there were no plans to make the other fire control parts for the same reason. For reasons unknown to me, sharing this information has created a great deal animosity with certain individuals on this site; fortunately you got your hammer while you still could.

I suspect it was an early arrangement that wasn't been updated on the website. I'm not a Carriercomp fan so I got one directly from Geissele shortly after he made them. I guess buying four triggers from him helped. As a recall the "exclusive" agreement was only for 6 months or so, but I may not have that right.

Brownells has them in stock.

True Sir.

Barbara at Geissele is perplexed how anyone assumed demand had waned. Since she handles billing and purchase orders that dispells the rumor as I see it.

They have been swamped and apologized for not having the resources to keep everything in stock all the time, and assured all vendors have an intact supply line and demand. Older posts would bear this out, Carriercomp's owner and Geissele collaborated on this over a year ago as I recall, so my guess is Carriercomp sells out the fastest, and everyone panics to scrounge what remains elsewhere.

Until the facts were clear I wondered if someone was pretending the end is near just to generate demand. Now it appears demand is the only reason supply is tight.

Geissele is busy... sign of the times.

True Sir.

Barbara at Geissele is perplexed how anyone assumed demand had waned. Since she handles billing and purchase orders that dispells the rumor as I see it.

They have been swamped and apologized for not having the resources to keep everything in stock all the time, and assured all vendors have an intact supply line and demand. Older posts would bear this out, Carriercomp's owner and Geissele collaborated on this over a year ago as I recall, so my guess is Carriercomp sells out the fastest, and everyone panics to scrounge what remains elsewhere.

Until the facts were clear I wondered if someone was pretending the end is near just to generate demand. Now it appears demand is the only reason supply is tight.

It certainly not impossible it was stated to increase demand, but it did NOT come across that way. And, one has to ask if demand is that great why did they opt out of the fire control parts too? Are you sure that 'Barbara' understood you were inquiring about a M4 shotgun and not a M4 carbine?

True Sir.

When I spoke to to Geissele, the gentleman told me that he knew of no plans to discontinue the hammer. I figure that if the person working there hasn't heard of it, I take him at his word. I mean it's not like they employ hundreds of people where information like that might easily not be forthcoming to employees. Still, some would like to use this as indicating that the hammers would be discontinued because "they" had spoken to someone who said it so blah blah blah.:rolleyes:

I sent Geissele an email this morning to let them know there is rumor on the Benelli forum about the hammers being discontinued. I have asked them if they would be willing to confirm or deny to help clear things up. I saved my letter and if and when I get a response from them, I will post both of them. For my money, I choose to believe the gentleman I spoke with originally. I had a nice conversation with him and felt like he was being straight with me.

... And, one has to ask if demand is that great why did they opt out of the fire control parts too? Are you sure that 'Barbara' understood you were inquiring about a M4 shotgun and not a M4 carbine?

True, one had to ask, and the response was...

They opted out because there is no need or demand for a 6th, 7th, and 8th 922R comliance component for that "shotgun". They did their homework. Thats's how I knew 'Barbara' was sharp enough to know the difference between a carbine and a shotgun.

True, one had to ask, and the response was...

They opted out because there is no need or demand for a 6th, 7th, and 8th 922R comliance component for that "shotgun". They did their homework. Thats's how I knew 'Barbara' was sharp enough to know the difference between a carbine and a shotgun.

Based on that, the same "homework" would tell them there is no need to make more hammers either. I suspect they will find there will be a great demand when the next "assault weapon" ban comes around.

Based on that, the same "homework" would tell them there is no need to make more hammers either. I suspect they will find there will be a great demand when the next "assault weapon" ban comes around.

I've been following this thread and like some others remain at a loss trying to follow your posts, let alone put up with your attitude.

What are you trying to say? Doing one's "homework" would reveal that should one opt to put an adjustable stock on the M4 they need more than a US tube, US follower, and US handguard to be compliant. That's where the hammer comes in. It's an inexpensive part that the BATFE has listed in their list of M4 parts. So one NEEDS the hammer, no one NEEDs other FCG parts. Get it?

The "next assault weapon ban" (which is purely a BS assertion at this point) isn't germane to this discussion or the real world -- which is where most of us reside.

Edited by BigHat
Typos

I've been following this thread and like some others remain at a loss trying to follow your posts, let alone put up with your attitude.

What are you trying to say? Doing one's "homework" would reveal that should one opt to put an adjustable stock on the M4 they need more than a US tube, US follower, and US handguard to be compliant. That's where the hammer comes in. It's an inexpensive part that the BATFE has listed in their list of M4 parts. So one NEEDS the hammer, no one NEEDs other FCG parts. Get it?

The "next assault weapon ban" (which is purely a BS assertion at this point) isn't germane to this discussion or the real world -- which is where most of us reside.

The only "attitude" is the one you infer; I only desire to be helpful. I'm not sure why you can't follow the logic; but I will try to restate it. "Barbara" indicated there just is not enough demand for compliance parts, the hammer is a compliance part. Its that simple. Just be glad Brownell's still has them.

The only "attitude" is the one you infer; I only desire to be helpful. I'm not sure why you can't follow the logic; but I will try to restate it. "Barbara" indicated there just is not enough demand for compliance parts, the hammer is a compliance part. Its that simple. Just be glad Brownell's still has them.

TKTM were you listening to BigHat?

Barbara inferred the beloved hammer will always have a purpose, much like a corsage that completes a prom date's gown, the rest of the fire control group is just a 3rd wheel.