Mesa Tactical Shell Carrier for M4????

montana_jeepn

I recently purchased a NIW Mesa Tactical side saddle. This is the one that replaces the factory pictanny rail as well and holds 6 shells. In my research after buying, I see that there was previously issues using these.......I emailed the company and they assured me that there hadn't been an issue in over a year since they upgraded their mounting hardware.

Any feedback/users of this accessory? I like the looks of it, but I don't want to do anything that will hurt my receiver.

Many thanks.

Montana,

I too purchased a new Mesa 6-shot saddle yesterday for my BM4 and was super worried about installing it after reading all the horror stories. It’s sitting here either about to get installed or returned to the shop.

I’ll wait for some more replies before I make a decision.

On the flip side, I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Sidearmor system. The only downside I see with it though is the size (weight isn’t a huge factor). It really seems to bulk up the gun. Not to mention I just ordered a Surefire M80 forend, and having picatinny rails all over the thing is not that appealing to me both practically and aesthetically.

Edited by forzArmata

I returned mine today. I will buy the BM4 Sidearmor Short Rail and the 6-shot shell holder which clamps on the side. That way I can take off the shell holder if I need to sling my gun while in the bush hunting bear (I find the Mesa shell carriers dig into my back when the gun is slung).

Edited by forzArmata