New Member New M4

Robert_K

Name is Robert, USAF vet, currently contractor in Iraq. After 12 month I'm finally home on R&R and well I purchased my first shotgun and I went with the M4 (11707);

a>

Looking to get the collapsible stock and flashlight for it. Hope to learn more about the weapon, ammo selection, and and other valuable info.

Name is Robert, USAF vet, currently contractor in Iraq. After 12 month I'm finally home on R&R and well I purchased my first shotgun and I went with the M4 (11707);

a>

Looking to get the collapsible stock and flashlight for it. Hope to learn more about the weapon, ammo selection, and and other valuable info.

First...Welcome!

Order a full-length mag-tube from Kip, he makes the strongest Ti tubes on the market, and it will shave nearly 1/2 a pound off the front half of the shotgun while giving you 7+1+1 capacity just like the USMC issued weapon.

To mount a light, there really is no perfect way on this weapon, but the closest I have seen is this:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44716/Product/BENELLI-M4-BLAM-4-LIGHT-MOUNT

I would mount an X300 to this and use the rocker switch.

Also, why do you want the C-stock? What do you hope to accomplish, in detail, by adding it?

PS: You're from the Z forums, aren't you?

Edited by Unobtanium

First...Welcome!

Order a full-length mag-tube from Kip, he makes the strongest Ti tubes on the market, and it will shave nearly 1/2 a pound off the front half of the shotgun while giving you 7+1+1 capacity just like the USMC issued weapon.

To mount a light, there really is no perfect way on this weapon, but the closest I have seen is this:

Also, why do you want the C-stock? What do you hope to accomplish, in detail, by adding it?

Thanks for the welcome.

Kip? Defiantly interested in more ammo capacity.

Thanks for the light link. Already own a X300 and love it for my Glock.

The factory stock feel long for me. Would like to try on before purchasing.

And Yes. I'm on the Z forums.

+1 to above! I have the collapsible stock, but only advantage I've seen is to make it shorter when lugging it around between range trips. I always shoot it fully extended. I have found Federal low recoil in slugs and 00 buck powerful and a pleasure to shoot all day. Very accurate and tight groups at 50 feet. Added a Cmore RTS red dot sight this weekend that worked great for fast target acquisition. Welcome and enjoy your new friend!

First...Welcome!

Kip? Who is he?

Thanks for the link! Going to look into that.

The factory stock seems big to me. I don't have long arms and link to try it out.

Yes I am on the Z forums.

First...Welcome!

I think this will be my next purchase!

Surefire m80 foregrip is a nice way to add a light. Streamlight tlr1s is brighter and strobes over the x300.

I have not owned a tlr, but I have owned an x300. They put out around 170 lumens or so, regardless of rating from sf.

My only complaint about the SD rail is weight. It doesn't look like much on paper, but I didn't like it in practice.

I really want to like the BLAM4, but it has some serious issues that need to be addressed to make it a solid product. The method that the rail is attached to the bracket is pure fail. The single screw just doesn't keep the rail from moving. The two notches on the bottom don't index with the holes in the bracket right. They allow for a lot of movement.

I've been trying to attach a Surefire Scout light to the BLAM4 with a ThornTail offset mount.

I've been considering getting some 5 minute epoxy and gluing the rail section to the bracket in an attempt to hold it in place. Overall, I'm not happy with the strength of the unit. One good whack, and the mounted item will be flopping around.

Sadly, I'll probably end up back with the Surefire M80 rail. It weighs about 6 or 7 ounces more, but it at least functions perfectly.

I really want to like the BLAM4, but it has some serious issues that need to be addressed to make it a solid product. The method that the rail is attached to the bracket is pure fail. The single screw just doesn't keep the rail from moving. The two notches on the bottom don't index with the holes in the bracket right. They allow for a lot of movement.

I've been trying to attach a Surefire Scout light to the BLAM4 with a ThornTail offset mount.

I've been considering getting some 5 minute epoxy and gluing the rail section to the bracket in an attempt to hold it in place. Overall, I'm not happy with the strength of the unit. One good whack, and the mounted item will be flopping around.

Sadly, I'll probably end up back with the Surefire M80 rail. It weighs about 6 or 7 ounces more, but it at least functions perfectly.

Sad to hear.

Kip? Who is he?

Thanks for the link! Going to look into that.

The factory stock seems big to me. I don't have long arms and link to try it out.

Yes I am on the Z forums.

Factory stock is long, but it's the best made thing out there. You can try the Urbino, but it forgoes Benelli's awesome system and attatches with a screw. I'm not really a fan of it as it shoots loose easily enough if you don't locktite it. If you do, it's on for keeps because of the crappy slot-screw they use. If they have a beefy hex-head maybe not such an issue. Anyway, just my experience with it and what I have read from others.

Kip... http://www.carriercomp.com

Locktite is a bad idea on the Urbino attachment screw. If you ever need to remove the stock, the screw will seize to the 'stock retaining screw.' When you start unscrewing it, the stock retaining screw will back out of the recoil tube and push through the snap ring. So you end up with the Urbino off, and your stock retaining screw seized to the attachment screw inside the stock. Your spring and plunger blown out the bottom of the tube.

The only way to resolve it is to cut the stock open.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/27567-Help-please!-Can-t-remove-Urbino-stock?highlight=Urbino

I wouldn't recommend putting locktite on the attachment screw for the Urbino stock. Others have done this, but when they attempted to remove the stock, the 'stock attachment screw' also backed out of the recoil tube. It will push right through the snap ring.

They ended up with their stock attachment screw seized on the attachment screw deep within the stock. Their spring and plunger also blew out the bottom expectantly when disassembling.

The users had to cut their stock open to try to recover their hardware.

The M80 rail is 2.7 ounces in weight more after removing the factory fore grib.

I wouldn't recommend putting locktite on the attachment screw for the Urbino stock. Others have done this, but when they attempted to remove the stock, the 'stock attachment screw' also backed out of the recoil tube. It will push right through the snap ring.

They ended up with their stock attachment screw seized on the attachment screw deep within the stock. Their spring and plunger also blew out the bottom expectantly when disassembling.

The users had to cut their stock open to try to recover their hardware.

I am contemplating placing a lock-washer similar to the M4/M16 variant found in the PG of that weapon system under the washer of the Urbino, and then a "crush" type lock-washer between the bolt and the supplied washer. I think that might do some good.

The Surefire M80 weighed about 5 ounces more than the factory handguards. This isn't that bad, but anything you add will start racking up. I figure I ended up at around 12 ounces more than factory with my weapon light mounted. The worst part is the oversized grip.

If the BLAM4 was built right, it would be the choice platform. It adds very little weight and retains the factory ergonomics.

c004.jpg

Surefire M80 Setup

001-1.jpg

BLAM4

The sling mount was a fail. There wasn't enough rail room to do it securely.

A lock washer would be a good plan for the Mesa Tactical stock. I wouldn't add the locktite to it though. I tried to link to a thread here, but it sends my post to limbo.