Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Previously called the "TIALN" option.

We gave away most of the first TIALN coated samples which fell short of our expectations. Recipients seemed happy though, our main demand was uniformity between samples, which the next batch is expected to achieve.

The latest concept in a nutshell is as follows;

Selected coating to render black = Titankote C6 (PVD AlTiN) $59

The "Muted" and "Radiant" options will resume production once initial demand for the Titankote C6 (PVD AlTiN) stabilizes.

ETA for these latest "Tactical Black" samples is late next week. Subsequent batches will arrive monthly, in rotation from the PVD coater's facility.

Pictures will be posted online once available for publication.

Inquiries through our online store are seen and responded to infinitely faster than inquiries posted here.:o Thanks!

Kip

www.shop.carriercomp.com

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd
Could the wait really be drawing to an end?!!??

Yes Sir.

Last update from the coater; "they will process tomorrow, and ship the following day (Friday)".

Guest cleefurd

The PVD coaters just processed our payment.

They said fixturing took longer than anticipated, but that the order is complete and shipping tomorrow via UPS ground.

I expect to have them listed and photos posted by this time next week. (As soon as they arrive)

No orders yet until this batch has been inspected, sounds as though the results were favorable.

Thanks to everyone for the continued interest while we diverted production for this finish option.

Kip

www.shop.carriercomp.com

Guest cleefurd
Black stands out like a light when viewed by i2 n.v.

True. The color and hue we strived for aims to avoid that phenomenon, yet still compliments the gun. Our flat (muted) has no sheen, the new "blackened" ones are a semi-gloss dark pewter.

I'll be getting married on June 5th, and apologize for not posting pictures yet. Decided to get a new SD card for wedding photos and misplaced the old one. Will remedy that today, and update store with photos.

Did not like the latest coating when I first opened the box, but it grew on me. Everyone else loved them. I guess months of EXPECTING the contents to precisely mirror my mind's eye view was to blame for my pause. They are very consistent and batch to batch will have uniform color/contrast stability. All delivered product will match the store depiction. Now I wish we had submitted a whole lot more. We have a larger follow up batch in process. The availabilty cadence should get back to normal now that the PVD coating has been sorted out.

Thanks again for the contributions to the product.

• 2 weeks later...