Guest cleefurd

I received mine today. I compared it to the Design Concepts bolt handle. The carriercomp charging handle has far better machining. The knurling is perfect. The steel tang is pretty much impossible to bend. The black finish has a high gloss to it. It certainly looks clean.

Highly recommended item if you're buying an oversized bolt handle.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my handle today too along with the P-rail and follower everything is beautiful ...Thanks Kip!!! Does anyone have a good trick for getting the plastic hi-vis insert out of the original Benelli follower for re-installation in the CC follower? I don't want to damage it getting it out

Nevermind.... I got it out.... :)

Later,

Hookster :D

Edited by Hookster
update

This is a WARNING to everyone interested in Kip's Merchandise!!!!!!

Unless you want friendly personalized shipping notifications, fast processing and outstanding shipping times....LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

The nerve of this guy selling me two products I needed and could not find anywhere else is astounding. Not only did he sell me two products I needed, they were exactly what he described them to be and they were perfect...in fact too perfect. If Kip expects his business to thrive on exceptional workmanship and quality he is SORELY MISTAKEN!!!

And then the shipping box, which had a little sticker that said "Thank you for your Purchase." REALLY!?!? THANK ME?? How f'ing dare you make me thank myself for buying your inexpensive, useful, perfectly machined and painted products for my preferred shotgun. You're a massive jerk.

Oh, and one last thing, I was on the email and his wife said 3-4 days shipping and it made it here in two not counting Sunday. Got a little problem with your tracking system Kip? cause I don't think this box getting here a day before your estimate is very f'n professional. You're lucky I am too dumb to spell out what BBB means or I would write them so fast and report your butt.

Oh and one more last thing. I am a SFC but really I am a Master Gunny but really I am a Full Colonel and I expect to bash you from here on out until you fill out my hurt feelings report correctly.

+100! I can't believe ANYONE would give this kind of service.

IMG_1122.jpg

Received my handle today too along with the P-rail and follower everything is beautiful ...Thanks Kip!!! Does anyone have a good trick for getting the plastic hi-vis insert out of the original Benelli follower for re-installation in the CC follower? I don't want to damage it getting it out

Nevermind.... I got it out.... :)

Later,

Hookster

I used a 357SIG gold-dot loaded round. It worked flawlessly.

SpeerGD5petalvs6petallabeled.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the Titanium Hybrid Gen2 charging handle in Black PVD Coated?

If you are referring to the charging handle that Huff64 has on order from GG&G, that would not be the same one. Only carriercomp makes the one mentioned in the title of this thread. (The one that I, and some others, are waiting for a new batch of.)

As you can see from the photographs, the carriercomp bolt handle is a much more refined item. The knurling is far better on the carriercomp unit. Knurling on titanium is a PITA to perform crisply. The steel shank on the carriercomp shows its purpose when comparing the all titanium Design Concepts bolt handle. Look at how the engagement area of the bolt handle is all chewed up.

Dimensionally, both units are similar. The refinement is where they stand apart.

The Design Concepts is slightly lighter than the carriercomp unit. They weigh in at 8.23 and 9.60 grams each. The factory bolt handle weighs in at around 12.5 grams. Right now, you're thinking, "Big deal, I'd never notice that." It isn't you who notices. Where it counts is the cyclic action of your M4. The heavier the bolt handle, the heavier your bolt carrier group is. This increases dwell time and slows the action slightly. When I had a GG&G bolt handle, it weighed in at 24.5 grams. I could feel how slow the action was moving with it installed.

008-1.jpg

007-3.jpg

I think the action is pretty fast, even with the GG&G handle. I think you guys are getting just a tad obsessed. :D

I suspect if you ever install a GG&G bolt release you'll see where the smaller OD of Kip's handle shines. I had a GG&G handle for a while and quickly sold it. It's too big with the bolt release and I don't like the fact that it's a "spinner" (big dislike compared to the OEM/CarrierComp machined notches) Actually, I thought it was too big even without the BR really. You'll just have to see for yourself. :)

I think the action is pretty fast, even with the GG&G handle. I think you guys are getting just a tad obsessed. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYlmuT7bUI

I have owned the large titanium bolt handle from FF, which weighs in in the mid teens, IIRC, and the action did feel much less robust. It's definitely not obsessive, especially if you want to shoot light birdshot for practice or something. Also, the bolt-carrier should recoil straight back. It is symmetrical for this reason. 2 pistons--one on either side, equal weighting, but then you have this piece of metal sticking out of one side of it...throws balance off, creates ever-so-slight un-even wear, and causes it to recoil less smoothly than otherwise possible.

Why don't you go shooting with some light birdshot and after charging the weapon REMOVE your big fat bolt-handle and see how it feels. I promise you will want to ditch the thing, after that. Lighter is definitely better because it not-only adds weight, but also screws up the dynamic function of the thing.

I suspect if you ever install a GG&G bolt release you'll see where the smaller OD of Kip's handle shines. I had a GG&G handle for a while and quickly sold it. It's too big with the bolt release and I don't like the fact that it's a "spinner" (big dislike compared to the OEM/CarrierComp machined notches) Actually, I thought it was too big even without the BR really. You'll just have to see for yourself. :)

+1, I think the GG&G bolt release is even a bit large, for my taste, and opted for a custom setup that was smaller:

28qqdx.jpg

Very informative, SD!! I am confused, though. Here is a quote from another forum:

"The portion that inserts into the bolt doubles as a disassembly tool of the gas system, so it has to be more abrasion resistant than titanium alone. Kip made that portion from heat treated A2 tool steel".

Does the GG&G bolt handle also have this feature?

Edited by marc63

The GG&G unit has the disassembly feature. All the bolt handles do. Basically, you stick the thin portion of the bolt handle through the holes of the ARGO plugs, and use the handle as leverage to break the ARGO plugs loose. You can try that with a titanium bolt handle, but you risk bending it.

The carriercomp handle has the steel shank, so it will handle the load.

+1, I think the GG&G bolt release is even a bit large, for my taste, and opted for a custom setup that was smaller:

28qqdx.jpg

yup love that release! I dont feel the stock one is that bad. the big giant pad is way to big. this one you have looks like it would be perfect for me. you make it? or buy it?

Really like that bolt release. I don't like the stock model, but the GG&G version is too big for my taste.

Did you make it yourself?

As for Kips charging handle, I covet it, and check his website for news every day, just like a lot of the other people on here.

28qqdx.jpg