SBEII hammer movement

sidexside

New SBEII just bought from reputable firm. After dryfiring the hammer has about a 3/4" loose back and forth movement. You can see it move if you tip the gun forward and back. If cocks backward correctly, moves forward when the trigger is pulled. I dont know if it moves hard enough to fire a cartridge but it seems to. I have NOT fired the firearm. I have dryfired this about 8-12 times.This is my first semiauto, used to a pump, so not sure if this is normal. I have pulled the trigger assembly, it looks fine. I do not think the hammer spring is broken. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
New SBEII just bought from reputable firm. After dryfiring the hammer has about a 3/4" loose back and forth movement. You can see it move if you tip the gun forward and back. If cocks backward correctly, moves forward when the trigger is pulled. I dont know if it moves hard enough to fire a cartridge but it seems to. I have NOT fired the firearm. I have dryfired this about 8-12 times.This is my first semiauto, used to a pump, so not sure if this is normal. I have pulled the trigger assembly, it looks fine. I do not think the hammer spring is broken. Thanks

I just purchased a SBEII and noticed the same thing...I'm certain this is just normal under non loaded/firing condition. I've just fired 60 rounds through mine, to include 3.5", 3" and 2 3/4 light loads the gun performed flawlessly. Don't sweat it, it's normal...put some rounds through it and then see how everything else is performing.

Kevin

thanks Kevin. Benelli customer service answered that it was totally normal, allows a clear run of the bolt to recoil. Now I have the "difficult" task of putting through their recommended 100 mixed rounds to break it in....thanks again.