Quality soft case for taking M4 to the range

stealle

I'm looking for a nice gun case for my M4. It's just shy of 35" long with the collapsible stock. I'd love to get a Pelican case. I just might get one for bigger trips, but it seems to bulky for short trips to the range. I've having trouble finding a 36" soft case that has a slim profile. Everything I find in 36" is is more like for an Ar15 with large magazines and large scopes.

What are you guys using?

I recommend getting a pelican. I have a pelican 1750 that I use for my M4 and Super Vinci. Two guns in one case makes a great bargain. Besides after what you spend on an M4 what's a couple more hundred dollars. I don't find it too bulky for the range, but it's definitely heavier than what you'd find in a soft case.

I encountered the same dilemna, I bought both. The Pelican case is a monster made by a Pelican affiliate, Casecruzer. Its a 2N2 Gunpod, while its bulky and expensive it handles everything for a long trip and well worth it when you consider the value of its contents when fully loaded. I agree with KB, the 5.11 case could be a bit more refined but for the price, construction, and backback style straps it works a **** of alot better than a blanket for short trips. You can get a fair price on the 5.11 cases through Opticsplanet direct or through their Ebay store and maybe get free shipping. GL

I encountered the same dilemna, I bought both. The Pelican case is a monster made by a Pelican affiliate, Casecruzer. Its a 2N2 Gunpod, while its bulky and expensive it handles everything for a long trip and well worth it when you consider the value of its contents when fully loaded. I agree with KB, the 5.11 case could be a bit more refined but for the price, construction, and backback style straps it works a **** of alot better than a blanket for short trips. You can get a fair price on the 5.11 cases through Opticsplanet direct or through their Ebay store and maybe get free shipping. GL

Wow, needncash, I'd say the 2N2 Gunpod looks more like a mobile gunsafe!!! Hmmmm, I just started looking at gunsafes. That might not be a bad idea.

Thanks guys!

I've got the 5.11 range bag and love it. So, the 5.11 36" gun case was at the top of my list!

However, I just discovered this case:

http://www.tacticalshotgunaccessories.com/minotaur/gearbags/shotguncases.htm

CV2906-B.jpg

It seems to be unbranded so the quality is unknown, but the low price might make it worth the gamble.

Thats an NCStar case. I haveone I got off eBay... works great

Looks like I wasted some money on the 36" NCStar case. It is too tight of a fit. After fumbling around with it for about 5 minutes, I did manage to get it zipped shut. After being in the case overnight, the case did stretch a bit. It's easier to zip up. However, the zipper is still quite tight/stretched. It's probably not worth the shipping charge to bother shipping it back.

I see now on the NCStar website they offer a 38" size. That should be perfect. I already placed an order for that one.

@birddog - Those cases look nice. However, I don't see a size around 38-40 inches. I wanted the smallest size case for the M4 with collapsible stock (in collapsed position). Which is right at 35".

Looks like I wasted some money on the 36" NCStar case. It is too tight of a fit. After fumbling around with it for about 5 minutes, I did manage to get it zipped shut. After being in the case overnight, the case did stretch a bit. It's easier to zip up. However, the zipper is still quite tight/stretched. It's probably not worth the shipping charge to bother shipping it back.

I see now on the NCStar website they offer a 38" size. That should be perfect. I already placed an order for that one.

@birddog - Those cases look nice. However, I don't see a size around 38-40 inches. I wanted the smallest size case for the M4 with collapsible stock (in collapsed position). Which is right at 35".

Not that it matters since you've purchased already but, they've got a bunch of them in that size range - go to the tactical cases. Both Hybrid and Extreme series have sizes you're looking for..fwiw anyway.