Mesa sidesaddle on an M-4 yay or nay?

Narkcop

I use the Mesa sidesaddles on some of my guns.....I use the SideArmor sidesaddle's on the Benelli's; the SideArmor has a ball bearing detent to impose tension on the cartridge for retention, whereas the Mesa has a rubber insert to impose friction for cartridge retainer. Both are billet aluminum construction. The SideArmor is the benchmark in my opinion for what it's worth.

Many times, the "issues" with Mesa sidesaddles, and others that use a receiver cross bolt / ejector screw substitution(s) for a trigger group retaining pins, is that the end-user tightens the screws too tight!! which interferes (i.e. compresses the sides of the receiver) with the smooth mechanical action slide bars on pump guns / and the movement of the bolt group on semi-autos; properly installed / tensioned, they should work fine.

Here's some Mesa applications on a Rem 870 SBS & Mossberg 590A1 SBS:

Screenshot2012-06-21at100002PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-21at100800PM.png

Edited by benelliwerkes