Speed Ball Pattern

I finally got to get out onto the dry land and fire some of this stuff!

Hevi-Shot Speed Ball 3in #5shot 12in circle @ 40yds Rem 870SM Hevi Shot ER choke tube

007-20.jpg

This stuff is FAST!!! The recoil is not out of this world for the performance it delivers. In the 30yd shots,with the MR tube, the wad punched holes in the targets Three different times

The BB load was rockin', and had the backstop particles blowing in the breeze

• 3 weeks later...
With a 24in bbl I was able to get high 1,500 out of two of the three shots i was limited to, and cracked 1,600 once. I am looking forward to getting back out with a longer barrel, and more shells,

Your velocities will be the same with a longer barrel because the maximum velocity is reached at 22 inches. And personally I'm going to stick with my 1 1/8 #3 shot Winchester HV's if these new shells are only pushing 1500 fps..

1700+ fps is fast in my book.. anything below that is just average.

Your velocities will be the same with a longer barrel because the maximum velocity is reached at 22 inches. And personally I'm going to stick with my 1 1/8 #3 shot Winchester HV's if these new shells are only pushing 1500 fps..

1700+ fps is fast in my book.. anything below that is just average.

I'll have to disagree with your theory of the 22in bbl. It holds no water. A search through the archives will tell you as much. as far as "pushing 1,500 fps", that is a glass half empty view. High 1,500's as stated, is pushing 1,600 fps, and close to the advertised speeds, which were done with 30in bbl's. It is a free country, and I won't knock your choice in shell.Whatever works for you. I am simply giving an opportunity for people to see a new load that contains new technology, that you may or may not have seen yet.

I wish you the best luck this season

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...