Benelli Nova

Bubba Smithers

yes it's possible Bubba Gump. As for the recoil reducer ... that's a personal opinion ... mine would be save the $$ for something else. adding nearly a pound of wieght to a gun in the butt-end makes little sense to me...

but, that's my opinion.

Your question about a second barrel is a "yes, but.." If you get the Nova Tactical with ghost ring sights, you would probably want to remove the ghost ring rear from the receiver for wing shooting. At least that is what I would do. If you get the Nova with barrel mounted open sights there is no problem.

i am thinking about buying a nova 12 gauge max 4 camo... I am pretty sure that i am going to get one soon... Is it a good gun?? I have heard they are if ya don't mind the 3.5 shell recoil which i don't think i will.. I hunt Turkey,Deer,Squirral,Rabbit,Phesant,Duck, and Geese.... I also hunt varmints and crow and other black birds... please help thanks

The Nova forearm rattles a bit and can be mildly annoying when walking around the turkey woods.

I use a fat rubber band until I get set-up. I do the same for paddle calls.

Otherwise, the Nova is a great gun.

mudhen - CA

I have a question for you guys who shoot the 3.5"... Why do you shoot them? They do not increase the velocity , in fact you get less velocity. Also it doesn't make the pattern more dense, you just get a longer string. So what the point?

i have never shot 3.5s i am actually not geting a nova i am geting a m2 Field i think 3.5 s are for those serious duck hunters i am not that serious about duck hunting like it isn't my favorite but i don't know ... if i really wanted to hunt ducks they make 3 in steel shells for my 3 in m2 that i am saving up for... i have decided to go with the m2 because i don't really want a pump i like them but i like having that follow up shoot in like half a second just incase i miss that turkey or phesant or clay pidgeon...with pumps you have to get back on target after that shot and it takes alittle longer than what it does with semi autos... expessially with inertia!!!this is my thougfhts and opinions some people might agree and others may disagree...

Laz, you are correct about many 3.5" shells. If an ammo company did not redesign their shells for the 3.5, then there may not be an improvement.

But luckily for those of us who look for the most effective shells, many companies did indeed redesign shells for the 3.5.

Winchester is probably the leader in 3.5 technology.

The Winchester HV turkey loads are lighter and faster than the original 3.5 slow turkey loads. 3.5 holds more lead pellets which gives the shooter more pellets to humanely harvest the bird.

With steel shot, the 3.5 allows for the use of more pellets. More pellets = more chances to hit the target = more kills. The 3.5 also allows for more large size pellets which is good when one wishes to use a larger pellet for geese or on windy days.

But with all the new non-tox loads coming out, the original intent of the 3.5 may be fading. I shoot 2 3/4 Kent Matrix at ducks for most of the season these days.

mudhen - CA

[ 07-12-2004, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: mudhen ]

BenelliBoy and Laz,

I think you will really like the Nova. I've shot everything from quail to deer with it. Having the option to use a 3.5 shell for large birds or deer is a good option. You don't have to use 3.5 shells for most hunting but it never hurts to have it. More pellets flying helps cut down on criples when you are shooting bigger waterfowl, geese and swans.

I also don't really notice the recoil. I've shot Novas with and without the recoil reducer. If you have shoulder trouble, you might want to go with the reducer though.

You can take two small strips of velcro and solve the rattle problem. Use the "soft" part of the velcro and attach it to the receiver end of the gun where it meets the forearm. It's easy if you take the forearm off otherwise you'll need a wooden spoon or something that won't scratch the gun to slide the velcro under the edge forearm. You have to shake the crap out of mine now to get any sort of noise from it.

• 3 weeks later...

What all comes in the box of the Benelli Nova Pump??I am looking at a 12 gauge synthetic black..

Also what is a good turkey choke tube for the nova pump i hear that the factory full choke that comes with it and winchester high velocity #4's are awsome in the nova pump for turkey but thats just what i heard...

Later,

BenelliBoy

gun, 3-tubes (IC,M,F), tube wrench, registration card, and owners manual.

-the factory full should work fine ... as usual tho... pattern the gun first with different loads -then- make your decision based on what you see... do a search for others opinions and results.

My 20ga. nova is smooth with better than a case of shells through it .... my ole 870 Wingmaster 30" 12 is as smooth as they come tho .. plenty of years, gunk, shells, mishaps, custom touches etc. .I'm biased of my 870... for the price you can't go wrong with the nova - - if it comes up smooth, comfortable and fits ya buy it.