Smell a rat?

Sukhoi_fan

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, and I don't think this is germane to Benelli shotguns. Can I go to one place on the 'net where they're not talking about this whacko?

If you're a gunowner then this affects you whether you like it or not, to think otherwise is extremely naive - imo.

And forget the 'theories' I'm only concerned with the evidence, and in this case there's no shortage of curious evidence.

ETA: And FWIW, only the brainwashed rubes ridicule the term 'conspiracy' - fyi it comes from Latin, 'con' = with and 'spire' = breathe -> conspiracy literally means "to breathe together". If one doesn't think the gungrabbers are conspiring against gunowners then one is either a moron or controlled opposition.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

They're blaming it purely on the assault weapon. They're going to ask the president if he will bring up the assault weapon ban after this incident. I say hogwash, it is not the weapon that is at fault here, It is the knucklehead behind the trigger. This problem will always exist regardless of what ever type of weapon they allow. Sure go ahead and ban our weapons, what do you think the next crazed lunitic will do?? He will probably build a sofisticated bomb and go into a crowd. or he will get the next best thing. Taking away weapons WONT FIX THE PROBLEM, my solution would to be to arm the whole dam crowd!

Does anyone here get the impression that something is very wrong with the picture being presented to us regarding the shooter in Col.?

No. We had our own in my town. Except it was much smaller. Just a glock, a gym, and a girlfriend. Then himself after a short police-chase. Med student.

I think this is what it is.

The gun-grabbers trying to blame the assault rifle are just as nutty as the other half trying to blame "some government conspirator who helped him" or whatever the current rage is.

Edited by Unobtanium

Does anyone here get the impression that something is very wrong with the picture being presented to us regarding the shooter in Col.?

were you not the one blasting on me for talking about a shirt I had for sale cuz it was not benelli? it was benelli by the way.

your post dont bother me one bit but if that was you this post is kinda funny as it is not benelli.

in no way am I trying to start stuff with you just makeing a statement.

I think this is what it is.

Indeed, it is what it is...whatever that is.

Derren Brown hypnotized a fellow to actually 'assassinate' a well known public figure with a 'loaded' gun last year -

There are just WAY to many anomalies and inconsistencies* in this event for a reasonable man or woman to overlook all the possibilities. The only way to keep guns out of the hands of someone with a clean and spot-free record as the shooter in this case (only one traffic ticket and no other contact with police) is to outlaw guns and/or ammo. Remember, LHO acquiring his Carcano and handgun prior to Kennedy's assassination via mail order is what led to the banning of mail order guns with GCA '68.

*Why the body armor if he shed it right outside the exit door and didn't get into a shootout with cops/suicide by cop?? Why clue in arresting officers to the booby traps (which apparently took a LOT of time, effort, and resources) in his apt. if his intent was to take out cops who entered his apt.??? The AR was ditched right at the back door, the body armor a few feet away near his car, yet the gas mask was ditched roughly 75-80 yards from the back door and at least 200 ft. from his means of escape/his car. You don't find all that troubling?? But there's more.

As for the OP being 'germane' to Benelli shotguns, I assert it is very germane to the discussion of Benelli shotguns with respect to if you're contemplating getting a(nother) hi-cap Nova, Super Nova, M2, M4, etc., spare parts for same, ammo and such, then you better get your **** squared away 'cause the gungrabbers are on the move (UN Treaty amongst other things). BTW, how convenient that this happened while the UN Treaty is up for a vote.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

It is natural for man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it.” --Patrick Henry

Gunowners need to be paying attention to events and not merely blow them off as 'a lone nut' doing such things - otherwise you may not have access to Benelli shotguns and ammo in the future.

Cui bono? Certainly not the shooter, at the minimum he will never see outside the prison walls ever again.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Indeed, it is what it is...whatever that is.

Derren Brown hypnotized a fellow to actually 'assassinate' a well known public figure with a 'loaded' gun last year -

There are just WAY to many anomalies and inconsistencies* in this event for a reasonable man or woman to overlook all the possibilities. The only way to keep guns out of the hands of someone with a clean and spot-free record as the shooter in this case (only one traffic ticket and no other contact with police) is to outlaw guns and/or ammo. Remember, LHO acquiring his Carcano and handgun prior to Kennedy's assassination via mail order is what led to the banning of mail order guns with GCA '68.

*Why the body armor if he shed it right outside the exit door and didn't get into a shootout with cops/suicide by cop?? Why clue in arresting officers to the booby traps (which apparently took a LOT of time, effort, and resources) in his apt. if his intent was to take out cops who entered his apt.??? The AR was ditched right at the back door, the body armor a few feet away near his car, yet the gas mask was ditched roughly 75-80 yards from the back door and at least 200 ft. from his means of escape/his car. You don't find all that troubling?? But there's more.

As for the OP being 'germane' to Benelli shotguns, I assert it is very germane to the discussion of Benelli shotguns with respect to if you're contemplating getting a(nother) hi-cap Nova, Super Nova, M2, M4, etc., spare parts for same, ammo and such, then you better get your **** squared away 'cause the gungrabbers are on the move (UN Treaty amongst other things). BTW, how convenient that this happened while the UN Treaty is up for a vote.

I just got a phone-call last night. One of my best friend's friends shot himself in the head with the G19 my friend sold him a year ago. He was a smart guy, applying to Med school, great future, NO OUTWARD SIGNS of ANYTHING being wrong.

Sometimes, people just don't work out in their own mind, and bad things happen. Looking too hard into anything is going to cause you problems. For example, maybe this forum was created to log our IP's so that when shotguns like our M4 are banned, they can come after us. It's all a conspiracy!

I mean, give it a break sometimes. I could make you into the antichrist if I looked through your posts and picked here and there long enough. Anyone could assume anything, and then create a chain of evidence for it.

I could make you into the antichrist if I looked through your posts and picked here and there long enough. Anyone could assume anything, and then create a chain of evidence for it.

Truer words were never written.

When the results are pre-established it's quite easy to construct a path to them.

Truer words were never written.

When the results are pre-established it's quite easy to construct a path to them.

You're just saying that because you're a government plant, one of thousands, placed on gunboards masquerading as a firearm owner and pushing Eric Holder's agenda by trying to shuffle suspicion away from their operations.

Oh crap. I blew my cover, too, as you were taking my side.

:(

Time will tell the true consequences of this event.

Unfortunately, yes. The loss of life and limb and justice for the individual should be the main concern of political figures at this time, not how to somehow wrangle a way to prevent guns in already "gun-free zones".

I see there's no shortage of very vocal anosognosics on this thread. lol

There's something wrong but you'll never know what it is - http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/the-anosognosics-dilemma-1/

BTW, rough calculations reveal that the shooter spend no less than $5K on guns, ammo, and the Beta mag, not including the body armor and the stuff he wired up in his apt. Where does an unemployed grad student get $6K to spend over the course of 3 or so months??? His parents' credit card?? I cannot image any parent allowing their mid-20s kid to take off on such a tangent with them funding it, but who knows, right?

You know, sometimes the truth is a painful thing, and yes, it can make your head hurt. However if it's too much for you, carry on with your cherished delusions. Me, I prefer keeping an open mind while considering ALL possibilities.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

...... Can I go to one place on the 'net where they're not talking about this whacko?

Sentiment understood. This place is a favorite water cooler for many of us. Easier perhaps to find kindred viewpoints, while just as easy to shake yer head and click the "back" arrow.

Oh yeah, there's no *conspiracy* against gunowners lol -

Context is everything. I'm certainly no Holder fan but what he's addressing here is illegal gun carrying by inner city youth... in response to the extraordinary rate of gun violence within certain urban areas, in this case Washington DC.

Insinuating the CO event is a conspiracy is absolutely ridiculous and tremendously irresponsible because ... actually no explanation is really needed. But I will say this thinking diminishes the pain and suffering of the tragedy as the fringe attempts to spin it into something it's not. This thinking is of the same camp as those who believe the US Gov't is responsible for 9/11 and that the moon walk and Mars landings were faked.

This thread is an embarrassment and I would ask the the forum moderators to move this thread to a more appropriate location... or better yet just delete it.