CDM BMT Light mount

Hookster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Sukhoi! Let us know what you hear...:)

a quick reply on a Fri. afternoon -

There are a limited number of items going to a dealer this coming week. These are to fill back orders. New stock has been on the machines this week and should be available the first week of September.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hookster.

Did Scott modify the original design to incorporate the sling mount? Or is it identical to previous?

Any word on when you will get yours delivered and post pictures? ;)

cheers,

-case-

For anyone interested in this item you can sign up for free shipping when they are in stock by sending Scott an email at the address on this page:

http://www.cdmgear.com/bmt.html

Later,

Hookster :)

Hey Case!

As far as I know they expect to be ready to ship anytime! The free shipping offer I signed up for is good until the 21st so I would expect it would be before that! I haven't seen pics of the new design but Scott indicated that the sling mount was going

to be integrated as opposed to an additional add on. I'm supposed to get an email notification as soon as they are available and I will post a notice in this thread. Pics as soon as I have one in hand!!!

Take Care,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

For anyone interested the CDM BMT clamp is in stock, I just ordered one with the 3 slot rail, a 6 slot rail and the swivel kit to play around with mounting options using a Surefire X300. I've also ordered a Surefire G2x Tactical, click on tailcap and red filters to try out Calviroman's light setup. The CDM Mod-C mount for the G2x is supposed to be available the first week of October and I'll be ordering one as soon as they're in. I will post pics and reviews of the light mounting solutions I have in mind once everything is in hand.

Later,

Edited by Hookster
typo

Hey All,

I received the BMT clamp yesterday, I will get around to playing with it seriously this weekend and report back with a review and pics. My initial impression is very good in terms of weight and overall quality. I did a quick mount up with a Streamlight TLR-1 and the 6 slot rail and I think it will work well. I still plan to get the CDM Mod-C as soon as they are available (ETA 1st week of Oct.) to try out options using the Surefire G2x

Only bummer was that I'd ordered it with the swivel and they forgot to include it in the shipment but I've e-mailed them so hopefully they will rectify in a timely manner

Later,

Hey Hookster,

Sorry again for the slow response to your IM. Here's a pic of my former BMT MOD-C setup. I sold it for a few reasons, including I disliked having to bust out an allen wrench to field strip, I had trouble actuating the light well under stress, and the QD sling receiver placement was not all that great for a right hander. I'd really like to see pics of your new setup:

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

Hey Hookster,

Sorry again for the slow response to your IM. Here's a pic of my former BMT MOD-C setup. I sold it for a few reasons, including I disliked having to bust out an allen wrench to field strip, I had trouble actuating the light well under stress, and the QD sling receiver placement was not all that great for a right hander. I'd really like to see pics of your new setup:

Thanks for the pics Calviroman!!!

I agree about the sling issue.... My goal is to have a lightweight setup that will mount the light on the right side of the weapon and still have acceptable ergonomics for actuating the switch. I know that with a left side mounting it would be easier to have good ergonomic switch control but it's hard to get around the conflict between a light and sling both being on the left side. The field stripping will, of course, be a bit more involved, but for now that's an inconveniance I am willing to take on to achieve my main goal...We'll see how it goes!

BTW...I heard back from Scott at CDM, they're shipping my swivel in the AM and the MOD-C should be available on Sunday....

Later,

YES it did! After I noticed it starting to scratch the barrel/mag...I wrapped the area where the mount contacted in black electrical tape. Some time later the manufacturer started shipping the mounts with clear poly pads to protect the finish. I sold mine off a few months back to a board member. I still feel its a great mount option but just not quite right for me. I do run weaponlights on all my AR's (Surefire X300's at 12 O'clock at top/forward part of rail near muzzle device...which works awesome for me.

DSCN1336-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I got the email from Scott at CDM today that the new MOD-C mount is also now in stock. The new one also has integrated swivel recepticle as opppssed to an add on piece.

I placed my order for one but I'm still waiting also for my Surefire G2X Tactical and accessories from LA Police to arrive to try it out with.

On the CDM BMT front.... I took some pics earlier today and will get them posted tomorrow along with some comments.

Later,

Thanks Hookster. I am looking forward to the photos. The light mount is the last thing I'm shopping right now.

OK Case!!... Here we go....

Here why I got the 6 slot rail, I wanted to get the light mounted further back than the 3 slot would allow. The light here is a TLR-1 with the remote switch tailcap which is slightly longer than the standard toggle so it gets the switch back a hair more

DSCN0456.jpg

Here it is with no light showing the rail mounted in the off-set position

DSCN0463.jpg