Anyone have any experience with 12 ga boresighters?

Sukhoi_fan

Yes. I have a laser boresighter with a 12 gauge adapter and have used it to adjust the ghost rings on my M4 and Super Nova Tactical. The one thing I noticed that to get the kind of POA I was looking for, I needed to take the dot out to 20 or 30 yards when lining everything up. YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...

Also some of them (12 ga adapters) aren't true. If you rotate the laser while it is in the chamber and the spot does not move in a circle you're GTG. If it DOES move, rotate it until its aiming high or low aligned with the center of the circle it created as opposed to left or right. This way your windage is more likely to be close at the start. Your elevation sight in range will vary based on choice of sighting platform anyhow, so plan on tweaking it (elevation) after initial bore sight. Usually the higher your sighting plane, the further away you bore sight.