FINALLY, I bought a Benelli M4

FLAWLS1

I've been wanting a M4 for a long time now, but around here in CA all of them are $1,899 and just a few months back when I was about to buy one in March they were $1,799. So on 7/23/12 I opted for the Mossberg 930 SPX which I pick up on 8/2/12. It was a lot cheaper than the Benelli so it made sense to get it. Anyway, I've been thinking how I still wanted the M4 so I called some shops for prices and all were higher than I wanted to pay. I decided to go to my local gun store since they don't give prices over the phone and their prices on the M4 were the same as everyone else's. While talking to who I assume was the shop owner he proceeded to tell me "I just got a used Benelli M4 in the other day that was never fired."

I asked to check it out and after comparing it with the new ones in the store he says... "See you thought I was bullshitting you huh? I told you it was never fired." I checked it out long and hard very carefully and I asked "how much?" He said "I'll give it to you for $1,xxx if you buy it right now AND I won't even add tax." I thought I was getting a smoking deal so I jumped on it without thinking twice. I asked why the previous owner didn't shoot it and he said the guy is a gun collector and he brought it in to trade for a Desert Eagle.

Should I get an extended mag tube? If so what companies make quality ones? I'm located in California so I think it has to be 922r compliant or something like that. What about a after market charging handle?

Edited by FLAWLS1

I've been wanting a M4 for a long time now, but around here in CA all of them are $1,899 and just a few months back when I was about to buy one in March they were $1,799. So on 7/23/12 I opted for the Mossberg 930 SPX which I pick up on 8/2/12. It was a lot cheaper than the Benelli so it made sense to get it. Anyway, I've been thinking how I still wanted the M4 so I called some shops for prices and all were higher than I wanted to pay. I decided to go to my local gun store since they don't give prices over the phone and their prices on the M4 were the same as everyone else's. While talking to who I assume was the shop owner he proceeded to tell me "I just got a used Benelli M4 in the other day that was never fired."

I asked to check it out and after comparing it with the new ones in the store he says... "See you thought I was bullshitting you huh? I told you it was never fired." I checked it out long and hard very carefully and I asked "how much?" He said "I'll give it to you for $1,400 if you buy it right now AND I won't even add tax." I thought I was getting a smoking deal so I jumped on it without thinking twice. I asked why the previous owner didn't shoot it and he said the guy is a gun collector and he brought it in to trade for a Desert Eagle.

Should I get an extended mag tube? If so what companies make quality ones? I'm located in California so I think it has to be 922r compliant or something like that. What about a after market charging handle?

nice you will get lots of help here but check this site www.calguns.net alot more cali help there.

922r is not cali only it is feds so everyone suffers for it. do some research here you will see everyone has or wants one of these http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=2&categoryId=4

what M4 do you have? is there american flag on the side of it?

nice you will get lots of help here but check this site www.calguns.net alot more cali help there.

922r is not cali only it is feds so everyone suffers for it. do some research here you will see everyone has or wants one of these http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=2&categoryId=4

what M4 do you have? is there american flag on the side of it?

I'm not sure what M4 I have. I don't think there's a flag on it. Does the flag mean it's a M1014 model?

Wait, I don't know if you can even add a normal capacity mag tube to the M4 in Cali. Anyone know?

PS. Do you own an LSX equipped vehicle?

I believe you can. I've seen some members with it on cal guns. Yup, I do own a LSx vehicle and I love your C6 ZO6. I would love to have that and a 09+ CTS-V someday. Oh and a '13 GT500.

Edited by FLAWLS1

Good deal, congrats!!

Hey, I've been watching your youtube vids which I really like. As a matter of fact I watched your vids on the M4 the night before I bought one. To everyone else, thanks! I'm going to order an extension from CarrierComp. Out of curiosity I searched for the stock mag tube/spacer and you can't buy those new huh?

So did you keep your Mossberg 930SPX...look at my post a nightmare/funny story.

LOL, I just read the thread. To answer your question, yes I still have the SPX. Here in CA you have to wait 10 days after purchase before you can pick it up and I pick my SPX up on August 2nd. I'll be keeping it though since I bought some components for it already. It's going to be interesting for me to shoot them side by side and compare them.

LOL, I just read the thread. To answer your question, yes I still have the SPX. Here in CA you have to wait 10 days after purchase before you can pick it up and I pick my SPX up on August 2nd. I'll be keeping it though since I bought some components for it already. It's going to be interesting for me to shoot them side by side and compare them.

Once you shoot them side x side, maybe you could give us a review?? I've never shot a Mossberg 930, but I own 3 Mossberg pumps which I like (not as much as my M4 LOL). It'd be nice to hear another opinion of it up against the Benelli M4.

Once you shoot them side x side, maybe you could give us a review?? I've never shot a Mossberg 930, but I own 3 Mossberg pumps which I like (not as much as my M4 LOL). It'd be nice to hear another opinion of it up against the Benelli M4.

Yeah, definitely!