Sidearmor Mod 3

DoctorX

I really like it. I was going to order the Mod2, but saw the attachments listed for the new one, so I waited until it was listed. They're really nice people to deal with. When the mod3 was first listed, it didnt come with the shell carrier, so I emailed to ask if you got a discount ordering it with the rail. They emailed back and said they discussed it and made it an option if you bought the rail! I just got it in 1-2 weeks ago and put it on. I was very impressed with the quality of it. I like being able to swap out the rail sections without having to remove/remount accessories and being able to pop the shell carrier off/on real fast is nice for taking it off when you go to the range. I can't say how it compares to the mod2 though. I never had that one, but I don't think it had those options?

I love the quality of Sidearmor's stuff but after a few years of using their Mod 1 rail system I've finally taken it off. I decided I wanted to reduce overall weight and although I loved the ergonomics of the light and switch pad placement using their rail I thought it was just too much weight on the weapon just to mount a light and a pad that I wouldn't really need if I could mount the light in a position where I could use fingertip or thumb activation

LMTM4006.jpg

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

I had the Mod 2. It was beautifully made, as it should be for that amount of money. I agree with the Hookster, though--it was just too much weight/mass for rail space I really didn't need. I'm much happier with the BLAM light mount and Esstac shotgun cards.

• 2 weeks later...