Benelli MR1.... is there not a single owner of this beautiful rifle ???

Shinyside

I own an MR1.. looking for a place to buy aftermarket goodies for it.

Live in Canada, so USPS is a GOOD thing, but I'll be damned if I haven't looked through the first five pages of this forum and not ONE SINGLE post regarding this gun...

Anyone???

anyone?

Hard to believe :(

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone???

anyone?

Hard to believe

Because most everyone that wants a semi-auto .223 rifle already has at least 1 AR or 551/556 or SCAR or AUG or ACR. It's a nice rifle, but a matter of too little too late IMO. This is why, at some point, practically every gunmaker joined the AR pattern bandwagon rather than fight it.

C

Because most everyone that wants a semi-auto .223 rifle already has at least 1 AR or 551/556 or SCAR or AUG or ACR. It's a nice rifle, but a matter of too little too late IMO. This is why, at some point, practically every gunmaker joined the AR pattern bandwagon rather than fight it.

C

Too little, too late, not in use by any agency/country I am aware of, not tested to those standards that I know, etc.

I guess the question is, in a world with the SCAR,M4,Galil,AK,AUG,etc....why an MR1?

Hey Shinyside...

We aren't bashing your gun... we're just commenting on the logic of Beretta/Benelli thinking that the MR1 would be some sort of competition with the other rifles already in that category. The MR1 is a nice gun, but it's not a tested combat rifle with a huge aftermarket where you can turn it into anything you want.

Hang on to it and enjoy it... chances are it will be discontinued at some point and as with most things of that nature, it's actual value will only be realized years after it's no longer available.

C

• 8 years later...

I used to want one to go with my Browning BAR. But, around that time I started reloading and hated to see my precious brass flying off into the woods after shots in the field. So, I instead sold the BAR and now, for those types of guns and activities, I stick with bolt and lever action.

Now that there are other caliber options for the AR family, I may eventually get one. I am not into the whole tacticool rifle phase, but with the .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, .300 Whisper or .300 Blackout, they have piqued my interest. I just have never found a use for a .223/5.56 but then again I haven't humped tons of rounds into combat so I could see the desire for lighter weight there.

18 minutes ago, 03svt said:

Can it be any uglier 

Even though this thread began over 8 years ago, and the OP hasn't posted anything else in that time, I'll respond to that:  Yes, it can be uglier.  I'll take a standard stocked MR1 over one of these every day of the week.  But hey, that's just me.

Cali Compliant.jpg

Edited by truckcop

1 hour ago, 03svt said:

Hey I wasn’t the one who dug it up. 

Yeah, I know.  Didn't mean to imply you did.  Just making a general "necropost" observation.  And here I am perpetuating it.  Oh well.  On the other hand, if I had to, I'd go for one of these KaliCompliant rifles.  Luckily, I'm not in Kali, try as they'd like to make us all subject to their nonsense and worse.

FightLite SCR.jpg

Edited by truckcop