Picked up my M4 and I have a question

FLAWLS1

If it does not have a screw in choke (rather it has a fixed choke), then from what I gather it's a M1014. Unaltered this is what one should look like, they generally have an American flag below the ejection port just aft of the handguards -

benelli_1.jpg

Oh ok, mine has a standard pistol grip stock and the choke appears to be fixed and not screwed. Also, mine does not have the american flag though. It just has M4 L.E.

Oh ok, mine has a standard pistol grip stock and the choke appears to be fixed and not screwed. Also, mine does not have the american flag though. It just has M4 L.E.

Then it appears someone has swapped out the original fixed 'skeleton' stock, sold it, and replaced it with the standard PG stock. From what I gather, fixed choke and L.E. on the receiver = M1014. However I defer to someone more versed in these such as Uno who owns one.

Just read that thread! So L.E. stands for Law Enforcement and not Limited Edition? I guess it makes sense since I was told by the store that the guy is a retired LEO. I guess that's why he flipped out on the shop when I tried to contact him about his old M4 which is the one I have now. So these are worth more from the thread I read?

Just found out my M4 also has night sights.

Edited by FLAWLS1