Mesa Tactical Urbino stock

FLAWLS1

You can buy with or without cheek riser as said above.. But if you buy the non cheek riser stock first you won't be able to use the riser after the fact because the stock comes with rails for the riser only when you buy the stock with cheek riser option.

You can buy with or without cheek riser as said above.. But if you buy the non cheek riser stock first you won't be able to use the riser after the fact because the stock comes with rails for the riser only when you buy the stock with cheek riser option.

Yes, I know. I'm not fond of the cheek riser and I'll never put any kind of optics on it so I have to use for it. What site did you order your stock from?

Why wouldn't you? The only reason why I want one is because the original stock butt pad seems way to hard.

Because I like the OEM C-stock. I also wasn't keen on how Mesa Tactical didn't stay true to the original design intent of the M4. They ended up using a screw mechanism that is accessed from inside the stock rather than using a "captured" method like all the OEM stocks. There have been several instances where the stock has loosened up while shooting. To complicate matters, some folks ended up using Loctite to secure the screw and have then had problems removing the stock. Personally, I would buy the standard (non-pistol grip) OEM stock before an Urbino. The LOP is a non issue for me as well and I am only 5'9".

The only reason I bought an Urbino was to reduce LOP... so I could take a stance more squared to the target. And, I must admit, the Limbsaver pad is quite nice vs. the stock pad.

C

I love the limbsaver pad and the shorter LOP... My stock loosened once since I didn't screw it too tight, but since I cranked it down some extra and through 75 rounds of 00 buck and slugs has not gone anywhere. We'll see after many more rounds yet.

Got mine at Brownells. Their price was competitive.

As for mounting, mine rattled loose initially because I didn't tighten it enough. After that I used blue loctite (not purple, not red) made sure it was a bit tighter and no issues. You could use purple loctite if you were concerned about removing the screw later but I don't think it's necessary.

I like the reduced LOP and the recoil pad. It's fast and very easy on your shoulder.

I love the limbsaver pad and the shorter LOP... My stock loosened once since I didn't screw it too tight, but since I cranked it down some extra and through 75 rounds of 00 buck and slugs has not gone anywhere. We'll see after many more rounds yet.

How do you like your forend? Does it feel like a better quality made part compared to the stock one? Thinking about getting one

How do you like your forend? Does it feel like a better quality made part compared to the stock one? Thinking about getting one

In comparison to the OEM stock it is a better quality especially with the limbsaver pad which just completes it if you ask me. You can just get the standard end which isn't as cushy as the limbsaver pad thats a matter of preference I guess. As "Case" mentioned its feels so much better to shoulder and handle.

Yesterday I shot 25 (7 1/2 Bird) 15 (2 3/4 Buck) 15 (2 3/4 Slugs) and 20 (00 3" Magnum) and had little or no shoulder pain and I am only 160lbs. I think the limbsaver pad does do a pretty good job in my opinion.

In comparison to the OEM stock it is a better quality especially with the limbsaver pad which just completes it if you ask me. You can just get the standard end which isn't as cushy as the limbsaver pad thats a matter of preference I guess. As "Case" mentioned its feels so much better to shoulder and handle.

Yesterday I shot 25 (7 1/2 Bird) 15 (2 3/4 Buck) 15 (2 3/4 Slugs) and 20 (00 3" Magnum) and had little or no shoulder pain and I am only 160lbs. I think the limbsaver pad does do a pretty good job in my opinion.

I was referring to the forend (hand guards) not the stock, but I appreciate the review and I'm almost 100% sure I'll get one.

In my experience, I like the urbino... but the FFT forend isn't a perfect fit and is harder to get it on, than the stock forend. I use it solely because it matches the color of the stock, as I have purchased mine in tan.

My FFT forend was tough the first/second time but nice and easy after. The directions for it mention it may fit tougher initially due to the "tighter manufacturing tolerances" til it "breaks" in.

In my experience, I like the urbino... but the FFT forend isn't a perfect fit and is harder to get it on, than the stock forend. I use it solely because it matches the color of the stock, as I have purchased mine in tan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1595[/ATTACH]

That looks great! The tan and OD green that timer00 has look really good.