Question about Foreend grip on M4 Benelli

Amsdorf

I decided to go with a Surefire rail foreend and the Magpul forend angled grip. Should have it installed today.

Whyyyyyy? The AFG is designed for rifles. You don't hold a shotgun the same way man. I guess to each his own, you'll see. Not getting on your case either, just wasn't designed for that and I think you'll regret it.

The AFG works well if you are the type to pull the shotgun into your shoulders with both your support and firing hand. However, if you are the type that squeezes the foreend, and pushes forward while firing, you may find it difficult to grasp the forend with the AFG.

I found I like to shift my hand on the forend to different positions depending on my shooting position. Being locked in with the AFG was less than ideal.

The Surefire M80 isn't the thinnest rail, so it is pretty fat in the hand to begin with. I opted for the thinnest rail covers (LaRue Index Clips) I could find besides the ladder rail covers. If it wasn't for my need of a weapon light, I'd dump the rail and go back to the stock forend.