No more 922r??

FLAWLS1

In other words, rather than offering a helpful response, all you get from Sukhi is a reminder that you should have searched the forum for your own answers.

Nice.

This coming from the same poster who, apparently being too mentally lazy (or perhaps way too busy making movies of himself) to do his own research, resorts to asking questions which have already been answered in depth on here more than once. lol

I believe there was a thread on here in the past month or so discussing why Benelli quit offering the H2O, something about not meeting 922r compliance with simply 're-manufacturing' by applying the Robar finish.

I read all of this- why would it need to meet the 922r if the bill which this thread is supposed to be about actually did what the NRA claims in that link that it said it did? Have you read a copy of this bill? Do you have a link for it?

I read all of this- why would it need to meet the 922r if the bill which this thread is supposed to be about actually did what the NRA claims in that link that it said it did? Have you read a copy of this bill? Do you have a link for it?

A quick search resulted in this -

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/28612-Just-ordered-an-M4-H2O/page8?highlight=h20

Does anyone have a link documenting an instance in which a M4 Benelli user was penalized by any government agency for not complying with 922r?

I'd find that interesting.

It matters not that the g-men are not 'actively' pursuing those not complying with 922®. What matters is that it's on the books as a 'federal crime' and is generally viewed by many as a 'tack-on' charge, i.e. to charge someone with an additional charge in order to squeeze them into copping a plea.

Most importantly, it doesn't matter WHAT the 'statute' says, what matters is how it's interpreted by the g-men and their prosecutor brethren. Least we forget the case of David Olofson (an Army Reservist) who was INNOCENT yet was found guilty of 'owning a machinegun (without the benefit of a tax stamp)' (an Oly AR with a manufacturer's defect) and ended up in federal prison DESPITE the facts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oflofson+ar-15&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=AT7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=olofson+ar15+case&oq=olofson&gs_l=serp.1.1.0l3j0i10.5205.8383.1.12472.7.6.0.0.0.1.1237.2844.0j4j6-1j1.6.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.1fmNfQ7v0qY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d98323fe72e95584&biw=1280&bih=728

Considering that those jokers get on the stand and declare a Winchester Model 12 shotgun a 'machinegun', it's just prudent to make sure one is '922® compliant' - and keep the receipts for the new parts.

Does anyone have a link documenting an instance in which a M4 Benelli user was penalized by any government agency for not complying with 922r?

I'd find that interesting.

If you would use the not 922r compliant shotgun or rifle say defending your self that's where a prosecuting attorney or Feds would try and get you at.

But other than that who know's.

Thank God we have you to search there Russian boy.

I'm so glad you broached the topic of Russian stuff, especially Russian aircraft!

Check out this Sukhoi Su-26 sport plane with a roll rate of 400 degrees/second, the likes of which will NEVER be topped by ANY sport/aerobatic production aircraft EVER! (simply because it would be absolutely cost prohibitive to try do so these days, only a state entity has [had] the resources to pull it off)

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Amazing performance...even with the speed mods I just can't get my PA28 to do that...LOL...but I digress.

If you enjoyed that, you're gonna love Svetlana Kapanina, the world's best woman aerobatic pilot (in this video mostly flying Su-31s, but also Su-26s) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKLaJDIoWfI

Svetlana flying a Su-26 -

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Guest cleefurd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1618[/ATTACH]

(above) A Su DU Koi I flew back in 2005. Hangs directly above my office PC.

---

(Below) A future project. Not Sukhoi, but Russian. Having peered inside a few of them (real ones) I could not help but become enamored with what they embody. Phenominal simplicity in brute form.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1619[/ATTACH]

Yeah, that Yak-54 shares the same powerplant as the Sukhoi sport planes, a Vedeneyev M14P nine cylinder radial engine which can be massaged to put out 560 horse in the extreme version. Can you imagine that in a 1,500# aircraft? Take about a brute...no wonder pilots like Jurgis Kairys Nigel Arnot can do a very short takeoff roll and point it straight up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUdH8rTGyY

Will Curtis' Su-26 is equipped with the 560 horse version of the Vedeneyev M14P -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1620[/ATTACH]

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

• 4 months later...

I do have an SKS question...

I have a Yugo SKS and have replaced enough parts to make it compliant under 922® but I think I read somewhere that if I changed the stock out to a synthetic stock that I needed to remove the night sites, grenade launcher, and grenade launcher site. To achieve that I had the barrel cut off right in front of where it flares out before the barrel extension that the grenade launcher was attached to. Then I think I read somewhere that when the grenade launcher is removed that a muzzlebreak has to be installed, which would mean that I'll have to chop it off again behind where it flares out. Can anybody tell me if I am compliant without having to re-chop the barrel and put on a muzzle break. I kind of like the look of having it cut off right where it is. Remember, I have replaced enough parts to make it compliant. Is not having a muzzle break going to put me back in a bad place? I know the g-men would only mess with me if they wanted to come up with a "add-on" charge, but I am considering opening a pistol range and want to make sure that if they decide to take a look at all my guns that they don't find anything that would f$#% me up.