poor customer service/ cracking barrel

randemgun

is anyone else getting poor service, the people are friendly but having to wait 8 to 12 weeks for some results to me is too long. Has anyone else had or known of barrels cracking about 1/2 way down. I developed a crack about 1/2 inch long and noticed it sitting in the duck blind in Dec. Mailed it in Dec.31 and have been told at least another 3 weeks before the head gunsmith even looks at it. :mad:

What gun? How old? Any photos? How many rounds through that barrel?

That sounds bizarre for Benelli to not replace the barrel ASAP.

Last report of cracking barrels was 1st year Novas.

Yours sounds like an obstruction or bad ammo, but a barrel defect is certainly possible.

Good luck!

mudhen - CA

Oh Jeez...don't tell me that I can expect the same customer service when I have a problem with my Benelli that I experience with my Stoeger? God no!!!!!!!!........LOL...nope, selling them all....is the only way around it that I see. Too bad though. SBE II is a **** of a shotgun. Oh wait, so is my Nova. Oh well. And yes "mudchicken" that was a dig at Benelli.

Oh my, I should not be allowed to own a firearm? And coming from a Californian? My, that means so much to me. I am going out on a limb here. Your screen name is mud hen....is this Barbara Boxer!?!?!?!?!?No, wait a minute....I've got it, you are Dianne Feinstein...I KNEW IT!! You gungrabbing liberals always show your yellow underbelly eventually. Good talking to you. GO HILLARY IN '08!!!!!! For more info, email MudFeinsteinHen.

Originally posted by plumcrazybee:

[QB Too bad though. SBE II is a **** of a shotgun.

Are you basing this on first hand experience????

I am just curious as to why you would make that statement.

Not bashing but curious. We all have out likes and dislikes. Myself I dont like the Nova, and Despise the Browning Gold.

I own 2 SBE II's. I have hunted in Alberta, South Dakota, Louisiana, Alabama, and here with them this past season, in different weather conditions to say the least. Not one single problem. In fact they have been nothing but Flawless.

They worked while gas op's were going dowm. The only action that was as reliable(more so if pushed) were the doubles taken, a Beretta 686 and a Merkel 477.

randemgun

An H&K SBE I owned cracked its barrel ring in 99. Poor customer service followed. But I believe things are different now.

We had to use Customer Service recently with one of my wifes M1 20ga's. Turnaround time was 2.5 weeks. Excellent in my book.

Sorry your experience has been a bad one.

Blacklab, I think he was actually stating the SBE II was a good gun, I think the "****" was "he ll" of a shotgun.

Charlesmansonbee, I think you should be prevented from owing a firearm because you are clearly unstable.

Your incoherent rambling drivel is a clear indicator of your current mental condition....

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

What gun? How old? Any photos? How many rounds through that barrel?

That sounds bizarre for Benelli to not replace the barrel ASAP.

Last report of cracking barrels was 1st year Novas.

Yours sounds like an obstruction or bad ammo, but a barrel defect is certainly possible.

gun is 5 years old, 400 to 500 rounds of kent steel #4 and I mailed it to them Dec. 29 and as of last week I was told another 3 weeks

Good luck!

mudhen - CA