Post your pics

jonesbb630

Nice job, guys!

Is that a big river long reed?

These are hay fields surrounded by reed. There are also Ducks Unlimited ponds nearby we will be using opening day for duck season Oct.1st. We live in New Brunswick Canada. There not that many Geese in this part of the country so we really have to work for it and call them in. They usually fly in flocks of 6 or 7 and you'll get the odd flocks of 10-15. They merge together in the afternoons in various fields. The best place in Canada to hunt Geese is Clair Saskatchewan where they offer dream hunts. If you ever go, make sure you bring lots of ammo cause it rains geese over there. Check this link.

http://www.aceoutfitting.com/photo.html

OK, but I meant the call. I thought it was a Big River Long Honker, but now it looks more like a Foiles flute or similar.

Actually, that's my buddy. Not sure what make he's got but yes I use the BRL Honker myself. It saves me is screwing up my calls. Not the best sounds but appears to be working. You won't see me in Goose calling competitions with that one.

I know my buddies is flexible flutish type but not sure of the make. I will ask him this week as we're going out to try his new Franchi Affinity he bought yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

She has picked up one or two. She has gotten so used to picking up mallards that someone shot a teal last night ans she dropped it when she picked it up because it wasnt the same size or weight she was use to. I had to force her bcak to it to pick it up.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2773[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2774[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2772[/ATTACH]

-opening day September goose

-opening day of pre season

-last night of pre season here in NJ

All retrieves are with mu upland trained GSP Jag

Edited by sc_hoaty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

A year ago I visited Moosehead lake, the place is heaven. Though I was fishing there, here's an aid for all who want to do the same thing there Moosehead lake depth map . But the thing is! I've seen giant moose there with my own eyes. And here goes the question. How can I get a hunting license for this place? You can write me in DMs as well, thank you in advance.

Winter: Moosehead Lake and the Kennebec River, Day 1 Part 1 - Natural  Resources Council of Maine

Edited by Joshua21