VIDEO: How Fast Can You Shoot a Shotgun?

Amsdorf

In the words of that wise man, Rick Bobby, "I want to go fast!"

When you feel the need, the need for speed, how fast can you get rounds through a shotgun? Well, in the case of the Benelli M4, pretty darn fast, as this video demonstrates.

Yes, yes, speed is fine, accuracy is final, but sometimes you just have to cut loose a bit and let the lead fly.

What shotgun are you able to shoot most quickly?

VIDEO LINK HERE.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know I was not wearing eye pro, shame on me. Totally forgot to put them on. Bad, very bad.

Edited by Amsdorf

That's only happened to me when carrier loading, it will sometimes hang up when grabbing the round that is resting on the carrier, but I suspect that's because I had the shell loaded too far back on the carrier, instead of having it all the way forward.

Go register over at the M14 Forum and type the word "Amsdorf" into the search. You'll see he tried to do the same thing there that he is doing here, and, his subsequent ban for it (and other things). Here is an excerpt from one of the mods as to why he was banned. This is in a thread titled:

[TABLE=class: tborder vbseo_like_postbit, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt20, bgcolor: #F5F5FF]

"Amsdorf is cheating this board and making money off it."[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: tborder vbseo_like_postbit, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt20, bgcolor: #F5F5FF]

He was trolling & personal attacks against another member. He was warned to cease. He continued. So he was banned. As was the other member that did the same thing.

Posting this just to clear the air as per why he was banned.

HuntingHawk

There are other threads there where he is doing the exact same thing as he is here. They got sick of it real quick. Further, some of the guys mention that "The Princess" is doing this on multiple gun forums.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by KB Fab

The action can certainly be outran. As the bolt carrier begins to close and the shell elevator drops, the hammer can fall because it is no longer being held down or by the disconnector. So there is about 1.5 inches of bolt travel where the hammer can fall and ride the bolt carrier into battery. You then have a live round in the chamber with the hammer forward.

Fortunately, this issue is only a problem when screwing around.

The action can certainly be outran. As the bolt carrier begins to close and the shell elevator drops, the hammer can fall because it is no longer being held down or by the disconnector. So there is about 1.5 inches of bolt travel where the hammer can fall and ride the bolt carrier into battery. You then have a live round in the chamber with the hammer forward.

Fortunately, this issue is only a problem when screwing around.

Like I said, the only time it's happened to me is when trying to shoot it as fast as I can possibly pull the trigger, with a round on the carrier after ghost loading it.

that is super fast! I doubt after your first shot you even hit the paper but still the muzzel stayed pretty good and it was fast. alot faster than I could do it. bt I also dont try to do it. I would like to try and squeeze off 2 rounds like that but I would also want perfect control over it. My range wont let ya do it. I could 1 or 2 times then I would get the evil eye. so no pratice for me.

No, actually, the paper was hit by all eight shots, I was about thirty feet away, 10 yards.

We have a great gun club where you are allowed to shoot anything from full auto on down. No explosive rounds or targets and no tracers, and no shooting steel with rifle rounds, but other than that...you are good to go.

very cool! and very fast. hitting at 30 feet is about perfect for all my hall ways I only have one spot where its about forth five feet but the likly of me having my gun and a bad guy coming in there at that spot would never happen,lol

I would like to get range time in on a two round burst but just aint gonna happen unless i go outside somewhere.

any tips on fast fololow ups or just push pull?

It's interesting how controversial even that technique is, I shared that with several people and they freaked out and started dissin' Rob's technique. Oh, the drama.

They started by dissing the way in which you introduced it and then they busted you on your flip-flopping. Should I provide that link as well? Or would you rather post it to try and get out in front of it?

Like I said, the only time it's happened to me is when trying to shoot it as fast as I can possibly pull the trigger, with a round on the carrier after ghost loading it.

StrangerDanger, any theories on why I have problem at times when ghost loading?

What practical use is it to empty the magazine as quickly as possible?? This 'technique' does NOT lend itself to fire control discipline* and does NOT have ANY practical application in a storm - in fact if one continued rapidfire until one's magazine is empty then one has left one's self in a VERY vulnerable position.

*Not only does this 'technique' of 'fire until it's empty' rapidfire NOT contribute to one's fire control discipline, it makes for the bad habit of FIRING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE which as those who've been paying attention knows can lead to the hammer flowing the bolt home and ending up with the hammer down on a live round.

I agree with your analysis that there is no "practical" purpose in doing a mag dump. I'm not sure how often in any realistic defensive or offensive scenario it would ever happen.

The point of my video is to demonstrate how quickly the M4 Benelli action cycles. I've read elsewhere people saying the Benelli M4 is not "fast" but actually "slow" ... not sure even what that means if we are measuring in milliseconds, but...I think the M4 more than holds its own when it comes to cycling speed, as my video demonstrates. No doubt others could get off shots even more quickly.

As for the situation you describe of the hammer down on a live round, that's only happened to me when ghost loading trying to fire it it this fast, never on a sequence with one in chamber and seven or whatever in the tube.

Not sure why that is, still waiting to hear from SD on his theories about it.

Edited by Amsdorf

The Spammer Princess: The point of my video is to demonstrate how quickly the M4 Benelli action cycles.

You know what? WHO CARES. It's fast enough, in fact it's more than fast enough. Some people like to get caught in this "I've got the fastest shotgun made" nonsense. It's juvenile. Someone's been watching 'Commando' repeatedly with Aw-nold firing 300 rounds without a mag change. In a storm one can EASILY fully empty a magazine before one has a clue that one is close to doing so. Fun and games is one thing, however fun and games should NEVER be confused with serious training - imo you cannot do both and expect to get good results. Emptying 8 rounds onto a single target could not possibly be more pointless.

Benelli USA hosts these forums for consumers to discuss our products in a constructive, safe and civil manner. If the tone of a post is anything but constructive, safe and civil, that post will be locked or deleted and the offensive member(s) may be banned.