SuperNova MAX4 Camo - Drilled and Tapped from factory?

Spooks

I purchased a SuperNova MAX4 in the spring for turkey hunting. I'd really like to be able to put a small red dot sight on it, but to my very novice eye, it's looking like the receiver is not tapped and drilled from the factory. I've seen a number of other forum posts about people doing similar things, have having to push out the plugs in the receiver from the under side. Is it possible that the receiver has the plugs in it, but they are hidden underneath the camo coating?

Figured I'd see if anybody knew the answer before I took the trigger assembly out and started poking around. :)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply.

I took out the trigger assembly after reading your reply and found that there were definitely no plugs that could be pushed out from the under side. Seems my only option at this point is to either go with the saddle mount (which I really don't want to bother with) or find a gunsmith to drill some holes.

Thanks for the reply.

I took out the trigger assembly after reading your reply and found that there were definitely no plugs that could be pushed out from the under side. Seems my only option at this point is to either go with the saddle mount (which I really don't want to bother with) or find a gunsmith to drill some holes.

I think the gunsmith route is the way to go. They'll have the right stuff to do the mod and make sure everything is lined up properly. Just get whatever rail you want to mount and let them get after it.