Finally shot my Benelli M4 yesterday!

FLAWLS1

I had some free time on Sunday and decided to take the M4 to the range. I only shot slugs through it and it ran 100%. I can now see wear marks from where the shell extracts.:cool: My Mesa stock didn't loosen up either, but I did tighten the stock down really good when I installed it. After shooting it, I cleaned it.

During the cleaning I noticed a sh*t load of crap in my barrel. I thought "Ok, that's normal... I see this in all my guns I shoot". However, I could not and still can't get all of that crap out of the barrel. The inside of the barrel is actually marinading in CLP. I noticed little by little some of the debris has been coming out and it's actually metal shavings. Which I believe is from the slug.

Have you guys ever experienced this? Seems like it's going to take a good amount of time before I get the barrel nice and clean like it was before I shot it. I also noticed after shooting it that the end cap just came slightly loose. I was able to turn it about 2-3 clicks. Before shooting it I wasn't able to twist the cap on any tighter.

That's lead from the slugs you were shooting in the barrel. I like to use a Tornado brush for removing that crap.

Also, there is two ports for the ARGO gas system about 10 inches from the chamber. When you look down the barrel it'll look like two black spots. Just mentioning these so you don't think they're debris to scrub off.

When assembling the weapon, make sure the lug of the barrel is seated flush with the receiver. Wasn't there a thread on here a few weeks back about a loosening cap being attributed to a poor fitting forend?

That's lead from the slugs you were shooting in the barrel. I like to use a Tornado brush for removing that crap.

Also, there is two ports for the ARGO gas system about 10 inches from the chamber. When you look down the barrel it'll look like two black spots. Just mentioning these so you don't think they're debris to scrub off.

When assembling the weapon, make sure the lug of the barrel is seated flush with the receiver. Wasn't there a thread on here a few weeks back about a loosening cap being attributed to a poor fitting forend?

Yeah, I noticed those two holes and when I looked inside where the piston goes I noticed holes in there. So I put two and two together. I've read about that tornado brush. Where can I get one? Yes, I also read that thread you are referring to so I definitely made sure of that when I installed my FFT forend.