Any Input on M2 20ga.?

hognutz

I am considering buying an M2 Field APG in 20ga. I don't quite know if I want the 26" or 24" bbl, as of yet.. Anyone have any input about this shotgun? I have the 20 ga. Legacy, but it is just too nice to beat around in the woods. Google brings up jamming issues, but I would like to get some info right from the people that own one. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, Mike

I have the 20ga M1 and IMO the 26" barrel is the ideal length. I've had it 10 years or so but a couple of years back I got tired of lugging the 12ga around and the 20 has become my primary chukar gun. Going shorter than 26" can cause the shooter to stop the swing too soon, the gun is very light and being consistent with follow-through is critical. The M1 is identical to the M2 except for the stock and forend and a redesigned safety button. The 12ga M2's have the longer choke tubes and back bore barrel but the M1 and M2 20's have the same original choke tubes and barrels.

Great gun, you'll like it.

SD