Low profile top rail and sight mount with clearance to use battle sights for M4.

Sharkey

Hey Guys,

I've been looking around and can't seem to find a couple of items I would like for my M4.

I have a 45 degree offset mounted to my stock rail which is ideal for me however makes it ALMOST impossible to use the battle sights but difficult enough to make it impractical.

Has anyone seen or can any manufacturers produce a lower profile rail to replace the stock rail? All I need to gain is a solid 8th of an inch or so and I'd be good with this set-up.

Also, another thing I would like to see is a mount that can go onto that rail with holes so the battle sights can be used but will hold a Red Dot scope above but still low enough to be effective.

I am thinking about working with Red Dots a bit but will never let go of my battle sites on any weapon as they are the life savers I know and everything else is just a test as far as I'm concerned.

Any ideas, leads or manufacturers that can assist with either of these items would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I do not prefer to mount flashlights and other items onto the barrel or mag areas so moving anything forward, at least for me, is not a preferred situation.

Thanks all.

Sharkey

Guys, I'm not looking for a red dot scope and am just playing with the ideas and possibilities.

I'm looking for:

A. a reduced profile top rail to replace the stock M4 rail

B. a sight MOUNT that will allow for use of the battle sights AND a scope.

Leads on either of these will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sharkey

Guys, I'm not looking for a red dot scope and am just playing with the ideas and possibilities.

I'm looking for:

A. a reduced profile top rail to replace the stock M4 rail

B. a sight MOUNT that will allow for use of the battle sights AND a scope.

Leads on either of these will be greatly appreciated.

No such thing yet, sorry.

Call CarrierComp and see if their "M4 Picatinny rail" is lower than the Benelli item. The CC piece is a proprietary design where it fits to the receiver as well as being M1913A compliant. Judging from the photo, it might be low enough... but as it's not dead level, it's hard to tell.

Img_0424.jpg

C

Hey Guys,

I've been looking around and can't seem to find a couple of items I would like for my M4.

I have a 45 degree offset mounted to my stock rail which is ideal for me however makes it ALMOST impossible to use the battle sights but difficult enough to make it impractical.

Has anyone seen or can any manufacturers produce a lower profile rail to replace the stock rail? All I need to gain is a solid 8th of an inch or so and I'd be good with this set-up.

Also, another thing I would like to see is a mount that can go onto that rail with holes so the battle sights can be used but will hold a Red Dot scope above but still low enough to be effective.

I am thinking about working with Red Dots a bit but will never let go of my battle sites on any weapon as they are the life savers I know and everything else is just a test as far as I'm concerned.

Any ideas, leads or manufacturers that can assist with either of these items would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I do not prefer to mount flashlights and other items onto the barrel or mag areas so moving anything forward, at least for me, is not a preferred situation.

Thanks all.

Sharkey

I tried the Daniel Defense with its "see-thru" base.....which allows using the stock M4 iron sights as back-ups. This may be what you are looking for.

Rather than the Daniel Defense, I prefer the LaRue lower mount (not a see-thru base) with various red dot sights used in conjunction with SureFire Barry Dueck off-set BUIS which are really nice.Screenshot2011-03-30at90254AMcopy_zpsfb755f5b.png

Screenshot2012-09-26at95003PM_zpsf7508903.png

I tried the Daniel Defense with its "see-thru" base.....which allows using the stock M4 iron sights as back-ups. This may be what you are looking for.

Rather than the Daniel Defense, I prefer the LaRue lower mount (not a see-thru base) with various red dot sights used in conjunction with SureFire Barry Dueck off-set BUIS which are really nice.Screenshot2011-03-30at90254AMcopy_zpsfb755f5b.png

Screenshot2012-09-26at95003PM_zpsf7508903.png

That's a sexy USP brother.

+1 on that!!!!... Can't have the tactical here in CA... But I love my USP .45 Standard

Hooooooookster :)

actually one was just for sale at cal-guns not to long ago. of coarse bought up in a second. It had non threaded barrel installed and I am sure he gave buyer the stock barrel also. went for 2100 or 2300 cant remember.

i also seen them with thread protectors pinned on to make them legal.

I have wanted a MK23 for prob the last 20 yrs but I always seem to find something else to buy first. that and you just dont see them to often and if you do the sellers is retarded and not know cali rules so they wont ship.

Im late to this but I too covet the threaded barrel. Those pistols are niiiice.

I have zero use for a suppressor but I know that if I lived in a state where they were legal I would find some reason to buy one. Or several.

There seems to be a lot of benelli and hk ownership overlap. Not a surprise. They are expensive but you only cry once.

@op - did you try a red dot sight with a quick mount? I know that has already been suggested but it's a good solution. If your aimpoint fails you can remove it in 10 secs and put it in your pocket, switch to iron. It depends on your mission and intended use.

+1 on that!!!!... Can't have the tactical here in CA... But I love my USP .45 Standard

Hooooooookster :)