Nova, cost me money

fmsniper

I picked up a Nova on Sunday the 19th, went goose hunting on a guided hunt on Monday, every single shot I had to pull out the empty shell all! None would eject, they just lay in the ejection port, I tried 2 3/4 and 3 inch same thing. Now Bass Pro says they will not give my money back, they are going to send it to Bennli to have it fixed, well what about the time and money I lost on the hunt?

fmsniper,

sorry to hear about your hunt.

unfortunatly every gun dealer is the same regardless of make. it is rare to be able to return a firearm.

your problem sounds like an ejecter pin and if so, easy to fix and covered by warranty.

good luck

good luck with customer service just make shure to call ahead and make shure you get an RO# and hound them every step of the way. make shure that you at least write down the time date and name of EVERY person that you talk to and any dates or delevery times that they promise and keep recepts of all transactons only send copys of sales recepts and make shure to send it insured and registerd mail it took me a month of hounding to get my gun back and they they said it wasnt broken and that was a crock because i had at leat 6 differnt people fire my gun before i sent it back and they all said that it wasnt right. but when i got it back all of a sudden it worked rite.

also never go out with only one gun i always take at least 2 shot guns on every hunting trip and a side arm. if one shot gun fails i have a back up so the trip isnt ruined and the side arm is well usualy a .357 mag revolver with a round or 2 of bird shot for snakes and other crawley things and the rest 158grn jhp for other things.

fmsniper - Dang, I hate to hear about guns failing like that but fezman is right. ALWAYS take a back-up. You never know when something might happen. Sad as it is/was that your Nova didn't function correctly when called on - having a back-up would have saved a lot of pissin' around along with vocabulary stints.

However - Good luck with Bass Pro and the future.

I had a similar problem with my Nova when I first bought it. I sent it back to Benelli myself, not going through the dealer. I got my gun back in a week and it worked better than it did when I first bought. I was very impressed with their customer service, even though I was hot that I missed a crapload of quail on my hunt.