Supernova Tactical 14

Urbansherpa

I have a SuperNova Tactical, with the 14" barrel and collapsible stock.

Today I was trying to sight it in with slugs and when the rear is turned all the way 'down' it still about 6-8" high. I'm actually getting decent (for me) groupings at 100y of about 5-7" but every shot is high. I'm actually sitting the target on top of the post, rather than my preferred 'bead on the target'....so it is actually more like a foot high at 100y.

Is it possible to adjust the front post higher? It's not in the manual, but looks like it might be adjustable.

I am sure you could raise the front sight, just put some small washer under it and the mount. By turning the rear "down" you mean you are raising (elevating) the rear sight, correct?

Regards,

d

Edited by d

I am sure you could raise the front sight, just put some small washer under it and the mount. By turning the rear "down" you mean you are raising (elevating) the rear sight, correct?

Regards,

d

Raising the rear sight will raise the point of impact. If he wants to lower the point of impact he would lower the rear sight. If the rear sight is as low as it will go and the round is still impacting higher than the point of aim, any further adjustment would have to come by raising the front sight.

It also begs the question posed above: Why are you sighting it in at 100 yards?? The short barrel/sight radius combined with the higher sights (you said Tactical so I assume it has ghost rings) are more conducive to shorter range sight-in.

Edited by truckcop

After thinking about it, you're absolutely right! Why am I trying to zero a CQB at 100y? (hahaha)

I guess my brain just defaults to what I've always done. ie, sight in my rifles to 100y with all my new guns.

i must say that I was quite impressed by the 50y groups. For a street-sweeper it's pretty accurate.

i bought it mostly for a range-toy, but figured I can also wink at Bambi thru the ghost ring. Also, most of my upland is within 20 yards so I hope it'll be a passable bird gun. I do realize the true purpose and potential of a 14" shotgun, though.

I will contact the man'f and see if the post is height adj.

Thanks, all!