How to mount a light on Benelli SuperNova Tactical 14" Barrel

Benito

I have a Benelli SuperNova Tactical with a 14 inch barrel. Is there any way for me to mount a light on it? There isn't much space on the barrel and absolutely none on the mag tube.

I have seen extension tubes, which might give me space to put a clamp, but that would protrude past the barrel, so no good.

Is there any way to use some type of barrel clamp that will not interfere with the forend?

Somebody here must have had this problem.

I am all out of ideas.

Help!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1678[/ATTACH]That Streamlight mount would work and clear the forend when reversed to keep the light from extending past the muzzle. One drawback is the teeth on the cap do not contact the ball. When it is held in place with an extension, the support clamp would keep the extension from turning, but your cap might not stay tight. It requires some grinding with a Dremel tool to lay flat and a hole drilled where the ball is. If you want to try the one I have, let me know.

Yeah, I think it'll have to be this option. I have a Vltor offset light mount that I'll try moving from my AR to the Benelli. Hopefully I'll be able to use the sights and hopefully the beam will be useable, considering that it's so far back from the muzzle. Might get some serious interference in the beam. Oh well. Will try it out and report back.

You could get an offset rail adapter for your top rail and mount one off to either side. It'd be on top of the receiver rather than the barrel but at least you'd have one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1676[/ATTACH]

Holy Cr@p, benelliwerkes!!

You have a lot of stuff hanging on your gun. What kind of light is that? Looks like it's as big as the barrel. Is the idea with this not to aim with sights, but by where the light shines, since I don't see a sight under or by the light.

I wil try the top rail mounted light, but since my barrel is way linger than yours, some shading will definitely occur. Will post pics when I mount it up.

Thanks for the ideas, people.

Holy Cr@p, benelliwerkes!!

Is the idea with this not to aim with sights, but by where the light shines, since I don't see a sight under or by the light..........

The idea is to use the one above when one needs to clear out a motor home or small rooms and not to be used for sporting clays....nothing beyond 10 yards. If you need a sighting system, then use a light / laser combo with an offset mount like the SureFire X400 with remote pressure switch shown below that can be swapped with other setups.

Screenshot2012-10-05at60453AM_zpsc80ea1a0.png