M4 mag tube extension - new design?

edon

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there has contacts with one of the places that make the M4 extensions. I think it would look better if the extension was made to be a consistent outside diameter and longer to fill the space between the barrel support rings, giving the appearance of a full-length tube. I like the look of a full-length, but cannot put one one due to our laws here (5-round only - yeah I'd have to plug the extension solid but at least it would look better!). Anyone else think this might be worth making?

Hi Edon!!!

One idea would be to get a factory Benelli +2 extension tube and plug it with dowell...I don't know if a dowell would satisfy whatever law you are working under but if you need something more permanent perhaps another method of plugging it could be employed. I think that anything beyond that would be a custom job. Here's one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Benelli-m4-2-tube-extension/dp/B006D3WM9U

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Hi Edon!!!

One idea would be to get a factory Benelli +2 extension tube and plug it with dowell...I don't know if a dowell would satisfy whatever law you are working under but if you need something more permanent perhaps another method of plugging it could be employed. I think that anything beyond that would be a custom job. Here's one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Benelli-m4-2-tube-extension/dp/B006D3WM9U

Take Care,

Hookster :)

That's probably the best solution you could hope for. If it were me I'd find some aluminum rod to fit in there and then set it in JB Weld - then it would be 'fixed'.

There's a Benelli extension on feebay for $189 with free shipping.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm not looking for someone to make a plugged extension, that I can do myself. What I want would be the outside diameter to be the same, no step-down, and fill the entire space between the barrel supports. It would look way better than what is currently available as it would appear to be a full length tube. The only extra cost to whoever is making it would be an extra 1.5" or so of material.

eldon I read you post and I may be able to help. I've been on this forum for over 6 years making and selling full length mag tubes for the M4. I don't make them any more, however I have one tube left on hand that is still "in the white" that I think could be modified to meet your requirements. If you would like to persue this youe idea, contact me at [email protected]. You can search this forum archive to verify my expierence and 100% customer satisfaction for the many FL tubes sold.

Joe B

eldon I read you post and I may be able to help. I've been on this forum for over 6 years making and selling full length mag tubes for the M4. I don't make them any more, however I have one tube left on hand that is still "in the white" that I think could be modified to meet your requirements. If you would like to persue this youe idea, contact me at [email protected]. You can search this forum archive to verify my expierence and 100% customer satisfaction for the many FL tubes sold.

Joe B

I bought one of this guys last tubes. VERY good quality! Do not hesitate to contact him.