I'm still waiting too...

JCMO

Franchi Instinct SL ordered months ago, promised beginning of September. Promised again first week of October. Now Promised by late December.

I've paid in full for this months ago and watched Franchi/Benelli ship these to other dealers while they lied to my local gun shop.

For shame!

My dealer hasn't done me wrong and will return my money. It is Benelli/Franchi that has lied to both of us. You are correct not to trust Benelli/Franchi as they have lied multiple times now. Gunbroker being flush with them is just more proof they don't care about my order.

Good luck with your SL 20, they don't provide quality in order fulfillment. That will be the same with the gun you bought and the lacking customer service they provide.

Edited by JCMO

Got another update right from Benelli, now my order won't be filled until the 1st quarter 2013. My how things change at their company in just a few days. I guess it is time to cancel and purchase a gun that actually exists.

The shame is on you.

NEVER pay for an ordered item without an agreed upon ironclad delivery date.

If the item isn't there by that date, then you are due a refund.

Gunbroker is flush with them, and probably cheaper than your dealer.

Tucker....thank you, best advice received so far. I canceled my order and purchased from Gunbroker, had it in stock so I should have it in less than a week.

My dealer hasn't done me wrong and will return my money. It is Benelli/Franchi that has lied to both of us. You are correct not to trust Benelli/Franchi as they have lied multiple times now. Gunbroker being flush with them is just more proof they don't care about my order.

Good luck with your SL 20, they don't provide quality in order fulfillment. That will be the same with the gun you bought and the lacking customer service they provide.

So after all this..........you still bought one? lol! :cool:

I had already bought one during the summer on backorder for a delivery date in early september. That date changed for some unknown/undisclosed reason at Benelli/Franchi multiple times to somtime in the 1st quarter of 2013. Benelli should of taken care of this the first time I contacted them, they still have done nothing. I had to take care of it myself, they didn't even call me back.

I did not PRE-ORDER some video game, this company had a commitment to me and my dealer to deliver on time. When they failed, they didn't offer to make it right.

My warm fuzzies are gone over this shotgun and I don't even have it yet. It better make magical shots and where game falls everytime cleaned and in vaccum sealed bags.

I have heard a lot of rumors in the last few days about the Instinct: design flaws, labor strikes in Italy, Benelli intentionally shorting the market, sales strategies to eliminate local dealers. All make a whole lot more sense than Benelli just not having guns to sell and insane demand for this shotgun that has overwhelmed the industry. I'm pretty certain any of that hype is solely created in the minds of Benelli.

Straight up, people who make guns that don't have guns to sell go out of business. Gun makers who go out of business are not around to honnor their 7 year warranties.