How do I become a Benelli Dealer?

bestfirearns

Hi. I own a 1800SF brick and mortar store with about $300K invested in inventory. We're located in Mocksvillle, NC and would love to have Benelli products in our inventory. How to I go about becoming a dealer?

I've had a number of requests for Benelli products.

I also own a Benelli M4 that has been modified to an 8 round mag in compliance with 922®, and you'd have to pry that beauty out of my cold, dead hands. Most amazingly engineered and reliable weapon I've ever owned.

Thanks,

Brent

KB's suggestion to call Benelli might be a good idea, as Benelli tends to play distribution information pretty close to the vest.

Do you want to be a real "Benelli dealer", or just sell them? A retail dealer that I used to work with in Bellevue, WA., and was not an official Benelli dealer, got them from an "official dealer" by the name of Kesselrings in Burlington, WA. Never had a problem getting what ever we wanted fairly quickly.

Last I heard (and I could be wrong 'cause it's been awhile), if you want to be a real dealer, you have to "buy in". What minimums you have to buy these days I don't know... it depends on the shop, but you can just about guarantee that you'll have to buy some products under the Benelli (Beretta) umbrella.

C

I've asked a dealer why he doesn't carry Benelli and he said it's because they require dealers to maintain $50k in Benelli inventory alone.

I don't think so. If that were true, that would do nothing but HURT Benelli because not many places would be able or willing to do that.

I don't think so. If that were true, that would do nothing but HURT Benelli because not many places would be able or willing to do that.

Well I have noticed that a lot of smaller shops don't carry Benelli so it makes me think there is some truth to that...but I am quoting someone else so the OP should verify directly with Benelli.

For the record, there are no mandated inventory requirements. Like any other manufacturer, getting in as a dealer generally requires a certain buy-in first order. Usually these are tiered, and you can come in as a dealer at the bottom level or if you buy more, perhaps a distributor. There are generally benefits to buying more, having the complete line, other brands under the same umbrella, etc.

There is usually a visit with a sales rep as well to verify you are a legit business (vs a bunch of guys trying to set up a group buy in order to get discounts) and establish a relationship. After that credit references, processing of an application, and other paperwork.

Benelli is pretty decent and reasonable, as well as similar to most manufacturers. Everyone wants their product to be represented in the best light possible and by knowledgeable sales people so they do their part to check you out.

I long for the days when I simply purchased Benellis at dealer price from CFI simply because I was a FFL. Dealer direct and minimum purchase requirements have made me drop more manufacturers than I care to talk about. It was kinda nice to do all my weeks orders for various manufacturers from the same wholesaler.