Carrier Comp Tube Finally Here

Copenhagen

Installation was extremely easy- I saw where some guys took 10 minutes to melt their locktite but I must have an awesome heat gun because mine melted in about 45 seconds. Tube matches perfectly and seems to be very high quality. I was impressed with how much lighter it was than the factory 5 round tube. Well I took her out and put 100 bird shot and 30 3" 00magnum bucks through her in that order. Should have probably put the bucks through 1st because they were flawless but since the gun was brand new I think the birdshot didn't always kick the bolt back quite far enough even though it was well oiled. It started working better though. Anyhow, here's a picture of my shotguns:

FNTPSandBenelliM4.jpg

I just got a Viking Tactics sling for the M4 today. It is phenomenal.

Those guns look good. I had a heck of a time getting the loctite to break loose when I did mine. I didn't have a vise though and had to do it by hand. Even so, I found that it took a lot more heat than the instructions indicated.

I used a $60 Ryobi heat gun from Home Depot.

@OP: Did you use any loc tite when you installed the new tube?

Those guns look good. I had a heck of a time getting the loctite to break loose when I did mine. I didn't have a vise though and had to do it by hand. Even so, I found that it took a lot more heat than the instructions indicated.

I used a $60 Ryobi heat gun from Home Depot.

@OP: Did you use any loc tite when you installed the new tube?

I did- I used a heaping helping of Blue Loc-tite- didn't really see the point of using red.

I didnt use any on mine either. I shot mine last satuday after install. I took it apart to clean on sunday, tried to un-thread while I had it appart but I couldnt get it to budge. Must be there was still a little bit of the old locktight still in the threads. I'll probably just leave it like this until I want to really clean then reheat to remove. No biggy..............your M4 looks awesome by the way! Love the retractable stock.

..............your M4 looks awesome by the way! Love the retractable stock.

Thanks- me too. I wouldn't have it any other way because this is the same shotgun I had when I was in the Marine Corps except that now I have 3 positions instead of 2 on my buffer tube and I can put in a full choke to hunt Turkeys!

Thanks- me too. I wouldn't have it any other way because this is the same shotgun I had when I was in the Marine Corps except that now I have 3 positions instead of 2 on my buffer tube and I can put in a full choke to hunt Turkeys!

..........:cool: :cool:..........

Copenhagen, what stock are you running on your TPS and how is it with recoil? My TPS is the hardest kicking shotgun I have with the original AR stock.

Lol, yea, they are tough, right? It is the Magpul CTR stock- my FN TPS had a Commercial tube so keep that in mind if you purchase. On the CTR I also mounted the Enhanced Rubber Butt Pad from Magpul http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG317/172 but I am sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere- I am just showing you what I am talking about. I just put that stock on before I took that picture and did not get time to shoot the TPS that day (more like I put all my shells through my newly finished M4) so I'll let you know how it helped with the recoil when I shoot it

Guest cleefurd
Nice post good to see.

Thank you Copenhagen for sticking with us after winding up near the start of a long production cycle.

We've since been able to re-double mag tube cadence during a lull between collateral production assignments, hence....

All orders placed through October 20th, 2012 (last Saturday) have shipped!:)

More recent orders will complete production and ship during the week of Nov 22-Nov 29.

Latest update also posted on our home page;

Storefront Web Address

Edited by cleefurd

Thank you Copenhagen for sticking with us after winding up near the start of a long production cycle.

We've since been able to re-double mag tube cadence during a lull between collateral production assignments, hence....

More recent orders will complete production and ship during the week of Nov 22-Nov 29.

Storefront Web Address

It was worth the wait. Thank you for making a quality product. Who do you sell your milspec M4 rails to? Have you ever sold any to the Marine Corps?

Storefront Web Address

Will you be having any Charging Handles ready soon? Prefer the black one. :)

Guest cleefurd
It was worth the wait. Thank you for making a quality product. Who do you sell your milspec M4 rails to? Have you ever sold any to the Marine Corps?

You are welcome and thanks!

Regarding your latter point;

A review has been done for requirements, which failed to generate an MOQ to justify writing said requirement. That is the bad news. Good news is open purchases have been authorized for a few individuals from units with flexible supply officers. The main reason MOQ's will not justify a written requirement is that NVG's are unlikely to ever become part of the M4's ensemble. If you or a unit affiliate need to procure a limited quantity, PM me and I will do my part, just point the way.

Will you be having any Charging Handles ready soon? Prefer the black one. :)

Until a few days ago were selling the remainder of our muted variants. Once again we have diverted production samples to a cache we intend to send out for coating (black) after we return from Northern California in late November. There may come a point where we elect to indefinitely suspend producing the muted ones, in order to avoid periods of unavailabilty on the more popular black version.

Thanks for the questions gentlemen. I will post more when we return in late November.

I didn't use any loc tite at all when I put mine on. No problems yet, stays nice and tite.

Benelli receiver tolerances vary. Mine shot loose by 1/3 turn when I used just a little Loctite 242 equivalent. Then I took it home and CAKED it in 242. Well, it still came undone rather easily. The 242 just doesn't stick to anodized aluminum and Ti. You need to use a primer, or Loctite 243. 242 does not adhere. All it does is dry, and take up space making things a "snug fit" but does zero for adhesion.

all,

this is the heat gun i used on high setting and the factory mag tube came off after only about a min or 2 in a vice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018E22US/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I have done this on 4 different M4's. Each one was its own animal and had little to nothing to do with the heat-gun, but rather how much compound Benelli used, and how well the metal prep was/it adhered. My $19.99 heat-gun soldiers on--heat is heat, and it will burn ya!