New to forum

Blackwhiteface

Ok....I feel really stupid here... I have 2 other Benelli shotguns... And .... Just now own my 3rd.. It is a wooden stock ultra light ... I am looking to change my shims and for the life of me cannot seem to find the Phillips screw heads through the butt plate.... What the heck am I doing wrong? I have already started to chew up the rubber and don't want to ruin the darn thing or I will need a new one but... Dang this cant be that difficult... There was a thread on the site back in 10 but nothing was ever resolved on it. The manual says there are two screw head behind the pad some place but where.

Look for two small holes in the butt pad. You must insert a small shaft Philips screw driver into the holes and engage the hidden Philips screw.

Yes, you have to look very, very closely, the holes (more like slits or cuts) in the rubber close up tight enough to disappear completely. Try using your fingers to spread the rubber apart in the suspected locations until you find them - they're there.

I looked and checked for holes and is extremely hard to find. Wow. That manual says... Easy to do. I think they missed the target there big time. I will keep looking I have in the past just inserted the cross head driver into the rubber pad and moved the head around while turning and the head would find the screw head and then unscrew the pad, simple. This one is much harder. Frustrating to say the least. Even tried a couple different size screw drivers .

Are you ready for this??? There aint no screws that hold the Ultralight recoil pad on. It's a clip on pad. Place a thin screwdriver between the plastic on the pad and the stock and pry it off. Let me know how this works. The screws in the diagram are anchors for the clips in the pad ( you will see this once you get the pad off).