Crow Poppin

Feather Buster

I live in Kansas, so our laws are probably a little different than yours.

But for the few people that do crow hunt, we don't really take it seriously. I just take out an electronic crow call and sit in a collapsible chair under a tree with a full CASE of shells in some random field. Some days are obviously better than others, but man, when you hit a big group, it is something. It's damn near raining crows! I've had a couple of hunts with well over a hundred birds on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Many years ago, I hunted with a buddy that called crows in Michigan. Not easy to do. One day he brought along a stuffed owl. I have never seen birds go crazy like that! One almost took my head off when I was in a bush near the owl.

Another time I noticed, even though we were very rural, once in a while a land owner would come out to see what we were doing. Almost every one said to go ahead when they found that we were after crows.

• 1 month later...
Many years ago, I hunted with a buddy that called crows in Michigan. Not easy to do. One day he brought along a stuffed owl. I have never seen birds go crazy like that! One almost took my head off when I was in a bush near the owl.

Another time I noticed, even though we were very rural, once in a while a land owner would come out to see what we were doing. Almost every one said to go ahead when they found that we were after crows.

Yeah that happens a lot hunting crows farmer will let kill all you want!

• 4 weeks later...