Pro Mag C-Stock Finally Arrives..............

Zeke

This thing is actually pretty cool.

At first glance the parts all appeared to look top notch quality in the package. The name Benelli was spelled correctly. But I cant see any stamping indicating that its made in the USA. It does state "Lifetime Warranty" on package and it does have "Pro Mag" stamped on the end of the rubber recoil pad.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1745[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1744[/ATTACH]

The 2 pc C-Stock has an alluminum frame, fairly hard rubber recoil pad. The recoil pad is about as stiff as the stock Benelli pad. The cheek peice is plastic (looks pretty solid). The pistol grip on the c-stock is identical to the pistol grip on the 1 pc Benelli stock. I cant tell a difference between the two. Overall I think the c-stock is really good quality.

After installing the c-stock, it took me a few minutes to figure out exactly how it functions, I did have a tough time trying to get it to the middle notch. One thing I did notice was that there is a tiny bit of wobble when the stock is in "lock" in all 3 positions. It really isnt that big of a deal. Im not sure if the Benelli c-stock has any wobble to it or not.

As far as the Pro Mag Forearm, it went on fairly hard, I had to really squeeze the 2 pcs together to assemble. But it did go together. With the rails attached, this thing is really WIDE. I didnt measure it, but I would geuss that it is about a 1/2" wider than the Surefire m80. You can see in the picture next to the Surefire M80. I also noticed that when it was assembled the pistons werent rattling or moving after shaking the gun. So I think that the forearm after squeezing is restricting the pistons from moving. You can probably fix this by removing some material, but I'll stick to my Surefire. The 3 and 9 o clock rails do detach. When you detach the rails it feels like the stock Benelli forearm, but with the holes exposed. These rails do have off set screw holes so that you can flip the rail around so that it over hangs to the front of the forearm (see pic). Over all, I dont think I like this forearm at all. I made this purchace for the c-stock only. I will stick to the Surefire or stock forearm. Keep in mind , I have never seen an original Benelli C-Stock before but this Pro Mag looks like a winner for the $$.

It is new and a little stiff right now, but Im sure it will loosen up after break in. For under $200.00 I think it is worth it !!

Edited by Zeke

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My factory c stock also has a slight amount of play. No sliding play along the extension, just rotational. It's probably less than 1/16" total travel in any of the locked positions, so no big deal.

That's too bad you dont like the forend, i was hoping they would be a good option (leaving the side rails off) to add a magpul RVG. Oh well.

Thanks for the review

Edited by frigatecon

My factory c stock also has a slight amount of play. No sliding play along the extension, just rotational. It's probably less than 1/16" total travel in any of the locked positions, so no big deal.

That's too bad you dont like the forend, i was hoping they would be a good option (leaving the side rails off) to add a magpul RVG. Oh well.

Same with this.. its rotational. But very small movement.

The only thing about the forearm that concerns me is the binding of the pistons. Maybe Im doing something wrong here, but when I shake my M4 with my Surefire installed, I can here my pistons moving back and forth. With this Pro Mag installed I cant here them moving at all. I dont think it would function properly.

Nice write-up. Can you remove the bottom rail from the handguard?

No..............The whole thing is a 2 pc, just like the the stock Benelli handgaurds. The Pro Mag bottom rail is actually split in half lengthwise until you mate the 2 peices together, then it (rail) becomes one.

Edited by Zeke

I'd like to find out for sure if the pistons are actually binding. Could save a lot of guys money and/or heartache if it is messing up the action.

I like this item but not going to throw 2 bills for it unless it works.

I MAY be interested in buying that forend from you if someone can verify that darn thing works though Zeke...

Never mind, I went to Pro-Mag's website and it says its a made in USA part.

I just looked to see if it states made in US and it doesnt say it anywhere on the package or the parts. On the package it does say,"May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported Components". It does not say made in the USA anywhere. The only thing I see is the stamp on the rubber recoil pad "Pro Mag". I guess Im going to print the online add that says its made in the USA for proof.

Edited by Zeke

I just looked on the package to see if it states made in US and it doesnt say it anywhere. One thing it does say is

"May be Assembled from Domestic and Imported Components". It does not say made in the USA anywhere. The only thing I see is the stamp on the rubber recoil pad "Pro Mag". I geuss Im going to print the online add that says its made in the USA for proof.

MADE IN CHINA :confused: , The Finish Looks Subpar .

I'd like to find out for sure if the pistons are actually binding. Could save a lot of guys money and/or heartache if it is messing up the action.

I like this item but not going to throw 2 bills for it unless it works.

I MAY be interested in buying that forend from you if someone can verify that darn thing works though Zeke...

So I would sell if you are interested.

Did the stock come in an unmarked box? Just asking cuz I wouldnt want my neighbors knowing I'm having gun related parts delivered...lol

Yes... it was just a plain cardboard box. Your neighbors will never know.

Edited by Zeke

Of course you'd say that Pirate!! cause now no one will buy your C-stocks!! HaHa...

Actually you would be surprised as to how many guys prefer original parts to knockoff parts.

EX.

I am a HK collector (as well as a Benelli owner) and inroduction of US made HK rifle clones and parts never had an impact on prices of original German guns/parts. Original parts tend to be of much better quality than aftermarket parts...

I remember promag making a knockoff of the original HK rifle bipod. It was junk when compared to the original.....

Edited by df662

• 2 weeks later...

I know Zeke had mentioned that the forend seemed a bit tight around the gas tubes/pistons and am still waiting to hear from him about our deal but how does yours seem on the gun Wiggin?

I think Zeke wanted to see what he could figure out about the fit but since he didn't like it anyway and prefered his surefire, I think he just wanted to play with it a bit for a better product review before letting me take it off his hands.

Let us know how it works out as that is the primary part I have concerns about and can't wait for Zeke to finally get back to us all.

Thanks

Edited by Sharkey