Finally happened SBE issue....

Randy L.

Well, I guess no gun will stay perfect forever. My 10 year old SBE has started to stove pipe. I bet it has 10K rounds minimum through it....I has done this twice today on a hunt and once when I test fired it. The gun is meticulously maintained and cleaned after each hunt, to some that is subjective, but I can wipe down the internals with a papertowel and only get fresh break free residue with no dirt. The springs are all original, but it fine shape, cleaned yearly. The chamber area is worn nice, and shows mostly silver (painted black when new). I heard there is something that needs to get filed down after several years of hard use on these guns. Can anyone elaborate? This has been an amazingly reliable weapon and I am sure it's something small causing it to hang up. My dad's did the same thing, he sent it back to Benelli and they fixed it. They claimed that they had to file something down as well. He lost the paperwork on it and I am trying to avoid sending it in if I can. Thanks in advance.

Randy