The Forum's been Quiet, Non-Benelli related projects.

StrangerDanger

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny but my kid has only been to range 5-6 times all with long guns maybe 1 time hand gun and she shoots this glock like a damn pro. at 15 yrds she blow out the X no problem. only 2 times with hand gun

in summer when she is out of school I am getting her (and myself) so instruction and then inter her in some comps

I shot competition long gun (.22) in high school. My Jr. year we were state champs, our captain was a female. She also won a state championship in black powder. My Sr. year I was #2 individual in the state, #1 was a female. I learned early that women are natural shooters. Seeing a girl pick up a gun for the 1st and take out an x ring wouldn't even make me blink. My wife's been on a range only twice and outshoots most men.

I shot competition long gun (.22) in high school. My Jr. year we were state champs, our captain was a female. She also won a state championship in black powder. My Sr. year I was #2 individual in the state, #1 was a female. I learned early that women are natural shooters. Seeing a girl pick up a gun for the 1st and take out an x ring wouldn't even make me blink. My wife's been on a range only twice and outshoots most men.

yes her patinets is incredible. she gonna be good I think, lol

edit forgot to mention my wife sucks at shooting,lol been 15-20 times and gets lucky if she hits the paper at all.

Ongoing HK MR556A1 project.....almost done.

Going to keep this one simple, just added a few necessary parts and swap out the fixed factory sights; the rear is too tall to fit under the optic and neither are tall enough to co-witness. The HK flip up sights, same problem. Plan on getting the Knights Armament off set 600 meter folding sights; these will solve the sight issues.

Screenshot2012-11-30at55931AM.png

Screenshot2012-11-30at55920AM.png

you sir have way to much money but some awsome weapons. I would love to see them all. do you own gun shop or something? I am sorry to be nosey ,lol

Hookster,

The screw in the back is a tensioner to adjust any play out of the upper and lower receiver. With the VLTOR, it didn't seem to be needed.

I agree about the pistol stock, I don't like it either. It's a temporary fix to get around the law. The only plus side for the pistol buffer is it doesn't interfere with the sling as much as a stock does. You can also pull the pistol buffer against your shoulder. Since it's just 9mm, it isn't going to hurt anyway. I imagine it will look and shoot much better with a CTR stock on it in due time.

I have the Geiselle Super Dynamic 3 Gun Trigger on this rifle's big brother. It is exceptional since I usually don't have a use for the 2 stage function of most Geiselle triggers. The reset is amazing. Check out youtube for videos of people firing with one of these triggers. It's damn near full auto shot breaks. The flat trigger is personal preference. It feels like I have a more consistant trigger pull with the flat face trigger.

The barrel came and went. It's headed off to ADCO to have 2.25" chopped off, and the entire barrel contoured down to .625". This should reduce some weight and certainly make it handier. The barrel as is wasn't that heavy to begin with. I know if I didn't have them do it, it would eat at my OCD.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

As you can see, it's much too long as is.

IMG_0458.jpg

I'm liking the MOE K Grip. It's a lot thinner than the standard MIAD I'm accustom to. It reminds me of an HK grip in texture and the grip angle.

IMG_0453.jpg

I also received my Glock mags today and two pouches that hold six mags each from Olongapo. They're pretty nice, the only bad thing was they smelled like cigarette smoke. So I had to throw them in the washing machine before handling them. 33 rounds x 13 mags should be plenty. Extensions aren't needed. The mags stick out enough as it is. With my 15 round mags, they only poke out about an inch.

Here's a non-Benelli project that might have a broad interest.

Where's Waldo ? Can you tell what makes the 1911 in the middle different from the others ?

It's the only one that can have the slide retracted with the thumb safety still engaged. A gunsmith named Charlie Kelsey was an innovator and patent holder for gun designs. One of his innovations was to simply modify the 1911 thumb safety, by reducing the material on the inside surface of the lever so as not to engage the safety notch in the slide. Whether it's a series 70 / 80 or with / without grip safety, you still have to disengage the safety to remove a chambered cartridge to completely unload the gun. After 100 years of design iterations, what other gun still encourages the operator to disable a safety to unload a gun with a 24 lb recoil spring ???? None.

Long story, shorter, this is a simple modification that can enhance the safety profile of your 1911. Google, Kelsey and you will enjoy the corporate espionage / turned to unsolved murder that was the fate of Kelsey; his body found in 2003 a short distance from STI headquarters.

For those with a 1911 ClipDraw, photos show a simple modification to use the clip draw with an ambidextrous safety.

Screenshot2012-12-01at82337AM.png

Screenshot2012-12-01at82413AM.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

Non-Benelli sight problem......what to do when you can't source the pistol front sight you want ? When I first got a HKP30, no HiViz fiber optic sites were available for it (now they are). Anyway, a simple way to modify the sights (and not the dovetail) for easy swap out and not lose the ability to return to factory sight installation. Changing the sights for a different color, just remove 2 screws.

Screenshot2012-12-01at91250AM.pngScreenshot2012-12-01at90926AM.png

Very nice.....might consider a widow's walk to serve as a deer sniper stand when they show up at the pond.

This was from upstairs garage window on the second day of our ML season.

I had hunted the woods opening day and saw nothing. All of the deer and turkeys I'd seen previously were from the yard, so I set up there on Monday morning.

I'd seen this buck twice previously in the same spot.

kQjC1.jpg

Here's a pic from one afternoon when I got home from work early and decided to try the spot again. I didn't see anything that day, but I enjoyed the hunt.

ltFO2.jpg

I was just shopping the ssa trigger to drop into my mrp.

Never considered the single stage but now I may do because it sounds great. It would have to be to be better that the ssa. More armchair research for me.

That 9mm ar looks awesome. Nice attention to detail.

You'll like the trigger. I'm considering swapping out my Geissele SSA for one in my MRP.

It took about 25 minutes to load up a dozen 33 rounders. After three cycles in the dryer, they were finally dry and smoke free. They're all loaded with 147 grain rounds, so the packs are pretty heavy.

You'll like the SD3G Trigger. It's bomb proof and fast.

Barrel was delivered at ADCO on Monday. Hopefully they get it turned around ASAP. I ordered the Aimpoint T1 2moa, on a LaRue Absolute Co-witness mount. It shipped out on Tuesday.

I did some comparison shots of the weapon with some known sized objects to show exactly how small this thing is.

IMG_0482.jpg

Glock 19, Gen 4. Shares the same magazines.

IMG_0480.jpg

Benelli M4

I wanted a high quality short off-set picatanny rail on a QD mount......surprisingly, I wasn't able to find one amongst the usually quality vendors. I modified a LaRue QD mount intended for a Aimpoint Micro T-1, by simply tapping the existing mount to fit 8-32 torx screws, without altering the existing mounting holes intended for the T-1. Now I can mount / dismount both devices in a matter of seconds with return to zero calibration.

Some may find a similar need.

Screenshot2012-12-08at94306AM.png

Screenshot2012-12-08at94326AM.png

Edited by benelliwerkes