The Forum's been Quiet, Non-Benelli related projects.

StrangerDanger

A related project to the above is fabricating proper screwdriver bits for specialty screws such as the SureFire

mounting screws; many times the thumb turn screws will loosen with recoil and for me it is hard to turn the screw firm enough to prevent it from happening repeatedly. I torque them to 25 - 30 in/lbs, similar to scope mounting, and have not found the need to use blue loctite. For those interested a brief overview of how to fabricate some screwdriver handles that accept your gunsmith hex head bits.

Screenshot2012-12-08at94912AM.png

Screenshot2012-12-08at94929AM.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

The barrel is 7.75". The Vortex adds another 2.3".

I have to really look for the top of the Surefire through the Aimpoint. I have to shift my head higher to even see the top of it. Chopping the rail really helped make the X300 Ultra a compact setup. Without the cuts, it would have pushed the weapon light about 2.5" further forward. So I'd be stuck with a longer barrel length to match. Use of the Mossie Tactical drop rail lowers the light about 0.7" too. This keeps the light out of the sight picture.

Some nice stuff in here gentlemen - thumbs up!

Kicking around my pre-war Savage Model 4 project that I've been putting off for quite a few years. I just dug out of a safe again this past week. About the only thing I've decided on is a DuraCoat finish on the metals and want to give the trigger a little attention to see if I can lighten it up a tad with-in the old designs constraints. New sight system is in order as well. Its time this one gets done.

Thanks. I'm happy with the way it has come out as well. The barrel length came out perfect. I must have measured it ten times to make sure I wasn't going too short. It will look and function much better as a SBR with a CTR stock on it.

The weapon light is in the perfect position. You have to try really hard to even see the top of the X300 Ultra in the optic's field of view. You have to crane your head up and look downward. There is absolutely no barrel shadowing either. I could have installed any weapon light out there since price wasn't an issue. The X300 Ultra was by far the best option. The only option that wouldn't have worked is the X400. I tried one from a pistol I have, and the laser housing obstructs the front sight.

I do carry a Glock 19, Gen 4. So the magazines are all interchangeable.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Waiting to come home from my dealer once the Form 4 for the lower clears (I already possess the suppressor)...

5obp2.jpg

Noveske 10.5" CHF chrome-lined barrel

Switchblock

Surefire -212a FH/mount

Surefire 556-212

2MOA T1 in LT751 mount

Noveske factory SBR lower

Geissele SSA trigger

Vltor 7" VIS upper

Surefire M600C Scout in LT offset tucked mount

LT FUG (not pictured)

PIG Slider 1-point sling (not pictured)

Noveske/Troy BUIS

Factory Noveske SBR build with a 12.5" upper (clone of 10.5" upper), 10.5" upper also included (pictured).

Edited by Unobtanium

Clean build Unobtanium. I like your choices in sights and optics.

I tweaked my handguards on the NSR some more. I was using the individual cover segments. I changed it out to the 7 segment sections on the sides. I pushed the 7th segment out over the end of the NSR to give the weapon a little more handguard protection. I spent some time relieving the back of the cover where the Mossie Tactic mount was interfering with the fit. Now it's a precision fit that you can't even tell was done when the cover is installed. Now the covers extend right out to the bayonet mounting ring on the Vortex.

Clean build Unobtanium. I like your choices in sights and optics.

I tweaked my handguards on the NSR some more. I was using the individual cover segments. I changed it out to the 7 segment sections on the sides. I pushed the 7th segment out over the end of the NSR to give the weapon a little more handguard protection. I spent some time relieving the back of the cover where the Mossie Tactic mount was interfering with the fit. Now it's a precision fit that you can't even tell was done when the cover is installed. Now the covers extend right out to the bayonet mounting ring on the Vortex.

Thanks! I was all set to go NSR, but then I discovered LaRue index clips. They feel and fit great. New life for an old type system!

Why is there so much spam on a low traffic forum?!

LOL, was just thinking the same thing! Very few members, little traffic and yet the VC's attack.

Someone suggested awhile back, that a few of the active members patrol the site and delete the spam. Wish the ADMIN's would take the suggestion.

Edited by crofton

LOL, was just thinking the same thing! Very few members, little traffic and yet the VC's attack.

Someone suggested awhile back, that a few of the active members patrol the site and delete the spam. Wish the ADMIN's would take the suggestion.

monitoring a forum owned by a multi national company w/o compensation?.. thats just not smart.

I think it shows on the company more so.. they don't care as long as Beretta corp. is selling guns turning crazy profits and charging $120 for long sleeve camo shirts that are "Imported" of "International origin" - RE: Made in China LOL

Thanks. There are a few features I like better on the HK MP5. Such as the paddle mag release, the possible folding stock and the forward mounted cocking handle. There are features on the AR platform that are better though. It's more ergonomic, more rail choices. Lighter. Cheaper parts. Far better trigger options.

I imagine the AR in 9mm is fun to shoot suppressed. I had the opportunity to shoot a Sten and a Sterling 9mm that was full auto and suppressed a few times. It sounded like you were letting the air out of a tire. It ripped through 30 something rounds in like 1.5 seconds. Complete control too. Loading its mags weren't fun though.

• 11 months later...